Munny

requesting expedite with NVC (split from NVC - Expedited Request Inquiry)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello, I want to file an expedit with nvc too.. Can you let me know any specifics like the email adress to use and what to put as email heading. Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Hi Munny, we put our case number and "request for expedite" as the email subject, in the email we provided:

-petitioner: name, date of birth, address, e-mail addres, phone number

-beneficiary: name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, 2 foreign phone numbers and country of birth

-reason for expedite plus attached documentation

we sent it all to NVCExpedite@state.gov

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello Munny, my husband called the NVC last Friday and they told him that our expedite request went through and our case will be shipped off within a week. But we didnt get any email confirmation yet, nor did they ship it yet ( I keep checking the DHL site every day :) ). I filled out the DS-261 on Friday and today we have the AOS and IV fees available but we are not going to pay online. As much as we know for expedite cases it should be done at the interview. But just seeing them unlocking it made us happy. Hopefully things will start moving now. Did you get any news regarding your request?

Timeline

Hello Munny, my husband called the NVC last Friday and they told him that our expedite request went through and our case will be shipped off within a week. But we didnt get any email confirmation yet, nor did they ship it yet ( I keep checking the DHL site every day :) ). I filled out the DS-261 on Friday and today we have the AOS and IV fees available but we are not going to pay online. As much as we know for expedite cases it should be done at the interview. But just seeing them unlocking it made us happy. Hopefully things will start moving now. Did you get any news regarding your request?

I sent mine on 19th nov and 21 nov it said under review, I called on 25th and thanks be to God Almighty it was approved. It got shipped to embassy the day before thanksgiving. Still online it shows In Transit but as per my dhl follow up it is at the embassy. Keep calling nvc, you dont call means they. Will not act quick. I hope they ship it soon:)

Edited by Munny

Timeline

oh you were really lucky. Great news! May the interview for you come just as fast! :) I will tell husband to call them again as soon as possible. I wonder what they are doing with that case for so long. Hopefully not waiting for other Slovak cases to be sent together because there are only very few according to ceac. Maybe only 4-5 for November :) On what day did you get your case number? Maybe it slowed us down a little bit too that we had ours assigned only on 17 Nov. They started to process our expedite request even without case number but maybe they needed to wait for it anyway.Still its taking them forever...

Timeline

I had my case number early october.. And had sent financial evidence documents and my civil documents plus paid all necessary fees. Was in line for NVC process. If you have got the case number it should be quick from now, just do not submit documents and fees and instead do it at interview to avoid delays. But with NVC in my opinion if you have to get things moving is by calling:) Thank you for the support, hopefully goes quick for all of us:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.