myworld08

I130 file missing from USCIS - No approval or denial letter since 2008

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello VJ members..

I really need your advice on my Dad's F3 file for his married son. (my brother)

So my dad put I130 for my brother in June 2008. He got the receipt number after sometime. Then for 2 years there was no communication from USCIS.

On January 6, 2010, he got notice which says:

"Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

On January 6, 2010, we transferred this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

After 10 days of above notice on January 16 2010 second letter came:

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

But since this above notice, Nothing from USCIS till TODAY.

Since 2010 till 2013, when we check status online on USCIS website it always says it is in Your Case Status: Initial Review

But the status never changed.

So Beginning of 2014, I opened a service request with USCIS and i got service request number. But nothing after that. No answer to SR. I called so many time to USCIS but they have no update.

And now with new USCIS website, i can't even check the status online. It says there is error please call USCIS. I called and Rep is not able to find the this application either.

So I opened another service request two weeks ago and got this reply:

USCIS has reviewed your Service Request. According to USCIS records, your file has been transferred to our National Records Center. USCIS will need additional time to request the file and review it upon arrival. We will notify you when we have received the file and reviewed your service request.

So i called again to USCIS to ask why my file was transfer to NRC? and they don't know anything. They are not able to find my file in there computer system now. The rep is telling me to just wait for 60 to 90 days and see if they can get my file back from NRC and then they can tell me if it is approved or denied.

So now I am not sure what to do? USCIS says files is send to NRC but they don't know why? They can't say if application is approve or denied?

we are very worried now as the application might be lost somewhere or they may have just denied it.

So if anyone can share any helpful information about what to do now and how to find the status of this case then it will be big help.

Thank you

Which country is the brother in? They're now working on visas for people whose petitions were filed in 2003, (93 for Mexico and Philippines). Normally they'd ship it to NVC for storage if it has been approved so they can have them come processing times.

NRC is I believe a storage/archiving place.

Petitioner may want to get in touch with his elected representative (senator, congressman - whichever one has a better immigration aide) to find out the status and the real location of the petition.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Timeline

my brother is in INDIA.

I know the PD is still Dec 2003 for F3 category but my dad never got any Approved I130 application or denied i130 notice.

I think Once you put i130 it gets approved or denied by Service center with in 3 to 4 years for F3 category. Then it goes to NVC and set their for PD date to become active.

NRC is archiving place and that is why i am worried that why it went to NRC?

And why we still do not have any approve or denied letter and now the file is missing from USCIS computer system.

I am thinking to talk with our Sentor's immigration aid if i don't hear on my SR soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.