Capricorn80

Update...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to some of you who already had your interview and was successful. We are still waiting for ours but mine is different now cause the delayed is in my favor. I had problems with waec issues and finally the test will be administered Dec 29th-Jan3rd. That is five days excluding the 1st of January which is a holiday. I was very excited when I got the information a few days ago so I will be leaving Ghana very soon to be back right after I've sat my test. I also emailed KCC on the 30thNov to relocate my interview location from Monrovia to Accra and then received a reply from them stating that they have relocated my interview location from Monrovia to Accra.I thought they would have taken forever to reply lol, it was very fast. My case number is 2015AF00007xxx, Pretty low number which has been current since Oct, Submitted DS260 since July 29th. So I think this year has plenty of delays. I keep checking the my mail and their website for 2nd NL but nothing has come up yet.

Thanks to Sussie and others who has been very helpful to us on this forum.

This is what I wrote to KCC and their reply

NAME
DATE OF BIRTH
DV DIVERSITY
LIBERIA

ACCRA

Dear KCC,
I submitted my DS-260 on July 29, 2014 to be interviewed in Liberia. Due to the current ebola situations in Liberia, I am unable to get out some of my documents required for the Diversity Visa Lottery.
I have also read on the website of the US Embassy in Liberia that successful DV applicants will be asked to do their medicals outside of Liberia due to the ebola epidemic or write KCC for relocation and processing of his/her DV case. In this regard, I'm kindly asking for an extension to gather all required documents and relocation of my case back to Ghana where I am currently residing. Having my interview in Ghana would be the best for me and reduces the high cost of expenses regarding the medical situations in Liberia.
I look forward to hearing from you (KCC).
Sincerely,

NAME

Reply from KCC..

Thank you for your inquiry.

Based on the information you have provided, your interview location has been changed from Monrovia to Accra. The new interview location will not appear on your DS-260, but will be used by KCC for scheduling purposes. When we have scheduled your interview, you will be required to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC) to view your appointment notification. At that time, please verify that your appointment is scheduled for the correct post. If for any reason it is not, you may contact KCC again at KCCDV@state.gov.

Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

For your own privacy, please don't share all those details here.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks Ayisi,

but I didn't include any personal information's of me here. I didn't include my name neither my full case number and this is how everyone writes his or her number on this forum. I believe this forum is here to to share our experiences and help other people who may be in similar situations like me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.