dassy004

I used sponsors current income, will it slow my application?

4 posts in this topic

My application was sent on the 9th of October and we used sponsors current income on form I864. On November 13 I did the biometric and same day I received an RFE for form i1485 because my lawyer forgot to include my BC. sent RFE on the 20th of November and RFE changed to Response to request for evidence was received on the 24th of November and it is still that way until this day and my ead application went back to case was received. My question is this. My sponsor usually file for tax around the first of February, I want to know if they will schedule us for interview before my sponsor file tax or if they will delay my application until around February or march? Please I would appreciate if someone can share with me their knowledge on this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What visa are you adjusting from? Those adjusting from a K-1 family based visa do not always have an interview. If you are not adjusting from a family based visa, then you will have one. It will depend on the timeline of your local USCIS office as to how it would take to get an interview. You may or may not interview before it is time to file 2014 taxes. Is the USC sponsor self-employed? Why is it important to have the tax return for the income?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

What visa are you adjusting from? Those adjusting from a K-1 family based visa do not always have an interview. If you are not adjusting from a family based visa, then you will have one. It will depend on the timeline of your local USCIS office as to how it would take to get an interview. You may or may not interview before it is time to file 2014 taxes. Is the USC sponsor self-employed? Why is it important to have the tax return for the income?

I came on a F1 visa but got out of status and married my usc wife. It is not important to have tax return at all, Infact I will be happy if we get called for interview now that way we don't have to wait. All I wanted to know was if uscis will delay my applixation until my sponsor file tax and then schedule us for an interview after wards just so they can verify if my sponsor really made what she listed as her current income on the application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You just need to provide your most recent tax return, which is currently 2013. If no taxes were filed in 2013, then you would have provided a statement with the I-864 as to why you were not legally required to file. You provide proof of current income with documents such as a letter from employer and recent pay stubs. If you are an employee, then you do not need to have filed taxes on the current income. Those that are self-employed do, and that is why I asked.

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.