HtBlack

Info about Italian DCF, cashier's checks and a question!

1 post in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Italy
Timeline

This is mainly a thread to put my experience here for other Italians going the DCF route, but I do have one question.

Story-time first though:

When I requested a checklist for the I-130, I was told I could pay via a cashier's check through any Italian bank. Me having an account at the Poste Italiane (which is, btw, 100% AN ITALIAN BANK) I sent them an "assegno postale vidimato", which is their form of a cashier's check which they assured me would work just as fine.

So we sent in our packet on the 20th November. Our application was rejected due to the fact that they don't accept a check from Poste Italiane, so be warned everyone. :D

(we also did the STUPID thing of sending copies of the forms I-130 and G-325a. We just had been dealing with so much paperwork, that our brains melted I think and so we did the silly mistake. The funny thing is, my husband's signature is so TINY I don't think you can tell the original from the copy, haha! I'm surprised they could at all.

Good news is, the rejection envelope came yesterday morning, and my husband was flying back to the US today, so we had time to re-prepare the envelope and send it while he still was here. PHEW...

(if he's back in the US and they send me a rejection again because of some other melt-brain mistake, can I refile for it or does he need to be here too? :( we're worried a bit even if we think we put in everything we had to...)

Thank you in advance, and I hope this helps someone.

Edited by HtBlack

My avatar image was a commissioned one a friend made for me - please don't use. <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.