baobao

How to complain about NVC? (split)

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I am petitioning for my daughter ( 5 years old) to immigrate to US. I-130 was approved and the approval was sent to NYC on 07/22/2014. Since then, we started this another long journey with NVC. Every single step through NVC will take about 3 weeks to process. Finally, we were able to submit all of DS260, I-864 form, I-864A form, IV and AOS documents to NVC on 09/25/2014. I consulted NVC agent prior to send all of documents. I was instructed to submit Form I-864 and I-864A. Now, it has been 67 days, I did not receive any information from NVC, so I called, the agent told me that I sent the wrong form, I should send form I-864W instead. I was also told once I turn I-864W in, it will take another at least 60 days to process. We are desperated, we adopted our daughter since she was 5 days old, now she is 5 years old, my husband quited his job and went to China to live with my daughter for the last 5 years. Don't want to mention the very long journey pior to NVC, now feels this is the last step, it should be easier, NOT AT ALL!

Besides, each time when I call NVC, 99.9% time the line is busy, occasionally, the call went through, you will e put on hold for about 45-60 minutes. Finally, you are able to talk to the agent, you are given the wrong information with attitude. extremely frustrated. Does anybody know how can I get help or any places I can send complaints?

Thanks greatly

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I've heard mixed results from complaining. I was thinking about complaining about the Guangzhou consulate after we were over as it was a total nightmare with the state department, and especially CGI Stanley's epic failure incompetence, but in the end I didn't do it. I think your best bet would be to contact your senator or congressperson, explain to them what's going on and you'll have to sign a form for them to inquire on your case and email/fax it back to them. Our case was stuck in "administrative processing" for a month after the interview when they told us it would be a "few weeks", and within 3 days of contacting my congresswoman our case went to issued and had her passport back a week later. http://www.usa.gov/Agencies/Federal/Legislative.shtml

If you really, really, want to complain, try the inspector general of the state department: http://oig.state.gov/hotline

You should try your elected official first as you will have faster results, if any, from one of them.

Best of luck to you, I can only begin to understand how frustrated you must feel! I thought waiting 10 months for the whole K-1 process was a nightmare!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.