serenaanya

From ISSUED to Ready for Interview

16 posts in this topic

I'm a little worried and Im wondering if by any chance someone experience what I'm going through right now. I had my interview last November 24 at USEM in Manila. Ir1 category. I was told by the consul congratulations and my visa is approved. As soon as I took off from the embassy ceac status say ISSUED till Nov 27. Last Friday, November 28 I checked again and it says READY for my consular interview. And the status updated date changes from Nov 24 to Nov 28. I spoke to few people I know who are now in the US and mostly they are saying their status remained ISSUED till they got their visa. Anyone got info regarding this? Enlighten me please. Thanks!

post-197838-0-89000000-1417325788_thumb.jpg

I have the same situation, got my visa the 20th, i returned it because my name was misspelled, my status remained ISSUED until the 27, then i just checked it it was updated 28 now it says READY, i just want them to correct my name,

I'm a little worried and Im wondering if by any chance someone experience what I'm going through right now. I had my interview last November 24 at USEM in Manila. Ir1 category. I was told by the consul congratulations and my visa is approved. As soon as I took off from the embassy ceac status say ISSUED till Nov 27. Last Friday, November 28 I checked again and it says READY for my consular interview. And the status updated date changes from Nov 24 to Nov 28. I spoke to few people I know who are now in the US and mostly they are saying their status remained ISSUED till they got their visa. Anyone got info regarding this? Enlighten me please. Thanks!

Maybe they worote issued by mistake, because i see that your creation date hasnt changed yet.

To be sure that the visa is issued check your creation date, if the creation date is updated, then that mean that they have iisued your visa.

Dont worry that will be happen soon.

Your status will change to issued very soon.

Just to update y'all, I called the visa immigrant unit supervisor at USEM Manila yesterday morning to clarify what happened to my status and he assured me there's nothing to worry about. He said, the reason why it changes to ready is because someone open the case (which is already locked) to correct some data entry. Apparently, if someone access your file or did something on it, it has to be on ready status or ap. He said in a day or two it will go back to issued. And yesterday afternoon my status at ceac changed to ISSUED. Such a relief.

I have the same situation, got my visa the 20th, i returned it because my name was misspelled, my status remained ISSUED until the 27, then i just checked it it was updated 28 now it says READY, i just want them to correct my name,

What the supervisor told me is exactly what happened to your case. They had to re open to correct some data. Same with mine. :) I hope you get the corrected visa soon.

Maybe they worote issued by mistake, because i see that your creation date hasnt changed yet.

To be sure that the visa is issued check your creation date, if the creation date is updated, then that mean that they have iisued your visa.

Dont worry that will be happen soon.

Your status will change to issued very soon.

I'm not sure about changing of created date. People told me to look after the status updated date. And in my case it has changed. Thanks for the input.

How long would it stay ap? Had interview nov 24 then they asked for w2, sent it the same week thursday...whn will it be issued? They said they will issue after they recieve w2

I honestly don't have any idea how long it takes for ap to change to issued. But I'm sure that once you submitted the lacking docs,received and reviewed your status will change. I think I know your wife from the group at fb. I hope yours get issued soon.

Just to update y'all, I called the visa immigrant unit supervisor at USEM Manila yesterday morning to clarify what happened to my status and he assured me there's nothing to worry about. He said, the reason why it changes to ready is because someone open the case (which is already locked) to correct some data entry. Apparently, if someone access your file or did something on it, it has to be on ready status or ap. He said in a day or two it will go back to issued. And yesterday afternoon my status at ceac changed to ISSUED. Such a relief.

What the supervisor told me is exactly what happened to your case. They had to re open to correct some data. Same with mine. :) I hope you get the corrected visa soon.

I'm not sure about changing of created date. People told me to look after the status updated date. And in my case it has changed. Thanks for the input.

How were you able to talk to supervisor? I called amd was omly able to tlk to an agent. I noticed on our visa status its stil ap, but theres a new date under "status update" what does that mean? Did they open case? We had to send w2, and we did last thursday

How were you able to talk to supervisor? I called amd was omly able to tlk to an agent. I noticed on our visa status its stil ap, but theres a new date under "status update" what does that mean? Did they open case? We had to send w2, and we did last thursday

I got his extension when I had issues with my interview schedule. Ceac says 'ready' and when I showed up on my interview date they sent me home. Apparently they haven't receive the physical file from NVC. So he accommodated me and gave me his direct extension. From then on everytime I have issues, I call him directly and he's very nice and patient. When I had this issue last Friday i thought of calling him but he's on leave so I had to wait till Monday and he immediately assisted me.

Its means someone access your file on that day. Or did something about it. The way he explained it to me, every time someone access your file the date change. The only difference on my case is they had to unlock it. ( apparently when the status says issued its locked) Since my interview it says Issued, but then they had to do some data correction so they unlock it and it becomes ready as if i was to be interview and when finalized it changed back to issued.

I got his extension when I had issues with my interview schedule. Ceac says 'ready' and when I showed up on my interview date they sent me home. Apparently they haven't receive the physical file from NVC. So he accommodated me and gave me his direct extension. From then on everytime I have issues, I call him directly and he's very nice and patient. When I had this issue last Friday i thought of calling him but he's on leave so I had to wait till Monday and he immediately assisted me.

Its means someone access your file on that day. Or did something about it. The way he explained it to me, every time someone access your file the date change. The only difference on my case is they had to unlock it. ( apparently when the status says issued its locked) Since my interview it says Issued, but then they had to do some data correction so they unlock it and it becomes ready as if i was to be interview and when finalized it changed back to issued.

So its possible ours will turn to "issued" within a day or 2?

So its possible ours will turn to "issued" within a day or 2?

I honestly don't know. You should call them. Pm me i will forward you the direct ext of the sup.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi.. Was following your timeline.. I was worried as I had my interview and went to AP because there is a paper i need to send them and I did send it right after the interview. The status in CEAC is changed to READY but since the last update we are curious on what's going on. We tried to call them but only talked to call agent who cannot answer the right and exact thing to what the status means. It's been two weeks after my interview. So I figured maybe you can help me to talk to someone in iv unit. Thank you! Best of luck!

Hi.. Was following your timeline.. I was worried as I had my interview and went to AP because there is a paper i need to send them and I did send it right after the interview. The status in CEAC is changed to READY but since the last update we are curious on what's going on. We tried to call them but only talked to call agent who cannot answer the right and exact thing to what the status means. It's been two weeks after my interview. So I figured maybe you can help me to talk to someone in iv unit. Thank you! Best of luck!

I sent you a PM :) and just to update everyone, I'm in the US now. Got my visa issued last Dec 16 and flew last Dec 22. Goodluck to everyone going through the visa process.

Serenaanya have you gotten your corrected visa yet??? I'm on the same boat.

Yes, 20 days after my visa interview they finally released it. Im in the US now. What's your situation?

• 8 years later...
On 11/30/2014 at 1:36 PM, serenaanya said:

post-197838-0-89000000-1417325788_thumb.jpg

Have you gotten your visa fixed and how manydays before received them again im on the same boat just really confused and worried hope you can answer my question thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.