ginger_snaps

Please i need info...extreme hardship, grant or deny?

27 posts in this topic

What countries nearby the States CAN a woman from the Philippines easily get a tourist visa to? If the guy has to fly I would imagine that a shorter flight would be easier for him. Mexico? Martinique? Trinidad and Tobago? Somewhere down there in the Caribbean? They could make a vacation out of it. ;) Then his doctor would just have to give him something to knock him out for 3 or 4 hours on the plane instead of a huge flight to the Phillipines. How long does it take to fly to the Philippines from the east coast of the USA, anyway?

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

To the OP: Just be aware that hardly anybody gets an approval with hardship, even when they are illness related. Fear of flying is definitly not a good reason not to have met in person.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If he isn't going to come visit you first, then tell him not to waste his money on the I-129F, because he might as well be pouring it down the drain. USCIS won't approve it.

If he won't go there and you still want to pursue him, then you'll have to find a country he will go to that you can get a visa for and meet him there. In my humble opinion though, having him get some meds from his doctor would be much cheaper than for both of you to buy plane tickets to meet somewhere neither of you have been to before.

Edited by jsnearline

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Why don't you fly to visit him?

I don't think she is going to easily get a tourist visa to the US or Canada. I think the guy needs to put on his big-boy tighty whiteys, take some Valium, and get on the dayum plane.

Tighty whiteys. :lol:

I didn't realize until just now that the OP was the foreign fiancee. No wonder I was so confused! :blush:

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello everyone, im just new here on this site, i finally can post my questions....Me and my US fiance is almost 2 years in relationship just through the internet, cards, letter and phone calls..

He cant be here because he suffers fear of flying.. MY marriage was annuled in September but i just got my annulment decree,, but its just confusing that the heading written there is CERTIFICATE OF FINALITY? Is it the same document needed for visa? Hopefully he can send the I-129F this week...

And one of my never ending question....

Is anybody around here can share with me the changes of my case, extreme hardship due to fear of flying and he is 57 years old..?

thank you in advance.. I'll wait ...

Certificate of Finality is different from a Court Decree. You need that Certificate to get that Court Decree. RTC will record the decision in the Book of Entries of Judgment (as final and executory). ENTRY OF JUDGMENT will be signed by the CLERK OF COURT. This was then forwarded to Local Civil Registrar where you got married . Annotation will be done to your Marriage Certificate (with Annulment Remarks) then it will be forwarded to NSO (National Statistics Office) for authentication and on SECPA (Security Paper). After you are done on this process , go back to the RTC with your requirements to ask for a Court Decree.

Good luck on your journey!!!!

Donna

12/13/04 - Met online

04/02/05 - 1st of 5 trips to the Philippines. The last of which I spent 6 months.

04/02/07- 129-F sent to NSC

04/09/07- Receipt notice date for NOA1

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/09/07- Touched - Due to phone call I am guessing

07/10/07- 2nd touch hmmmm should I be excited? HAHA

07/11/07- 3rd touch - may or may not be due to a phone call.

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

07/26/07- Received NOA2 hard copy

07/26/07- Received by NVC

07/30/07- NVC Shipped petition to Manila Embassy

10/05/07- Interview date WOW/ Approved

My photos

How long does it take to fly to the Philippines from the east coast of the USA, anyway?

From the central part of the country it takes 28 hours including stopovers. Done it 6 times now and getting ready to do it again next week. It's are real chore of a flight but the reward of seeing my baby is well worth it.

I am not saying you guys are worng, but my mom is claustrophobic and she hs never flown anywhere. I have been inside a submarine tour when it hit her and no wway should she ever get on a plane. i ti s totally mental but it attacks her central nervous system and she stops breathing. She has tried hypnosis and there ar eno medications for this desease.

Like you said, with out proof of relationship, might as well buy a lottery ticket. Ken & Maria

If he really loves you, I also doubt his 'fear of flying' would keep him away. There are medications he could take if he's really that phobic. Sounds like a dodge to me.

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well he really wants to go through with the K1, he has to find a way to meet her in person first, and it sure sounds like it would be a lot easier for him to be the one to do it unless she can get a tourist visa. If not, there is no way a waiver of the meeting requirement will be approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone.. Thank so much for the quick replies.. yes i agree with you that we cant really have the fiancee visa if we will not meet.

Canada will be the only place that we will meet.. nearer to him.. but we have a problem because i dont have any friend or relatives that lives in canada..

How will i do it? can i possibly be in canada with just visiting visa and no invitation at all?

I will appreciate your answer guys...

Hello everyone.. Thank so much for the quick replies.. yes i agree with you that we cant really have the fiancee visa if we will not meet.

Canada will be the only place that we will meet.. nearer to him.. but we have a problem because i dont have any friend or relatives that lives in canada..

How will i do it? can i possibly be in canada with just visiting visa and no invitation at all?

Excuse me for being skeptical, but why is he not helping you with this? Fear of flying is not enough to convince USCIS or NVC or the Department of Homeland Security, that you are not just doing this to get into the US.

If you want to meet in Canada, why is he not helping you, does he know any friends there that could invite you, or maybe he could go there, make friends there and have them invite you.

Again sorry for the skepticism but it is in your interest to find out what he really wants.

Good Luck! :)

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

:whistle::thumbs::yes:

Excuse me for being skeptical, but why is he not helping you with this? Fear of flying is not enough to convince USCIS or NVC or the Department of Homeland Security, that you are not just doing this to get into the US.

If you want to meet in Canada, why is he not helping you, does he know any friends there that could invite you, or maybe he could go there, make friends there and have them invite you.

Again sorry for the skepticism but it is in your interest to find out what he really wants.

Good Luck! :)

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

1) Do you have a tourist visa?

2) If you don't have a tourist visa, you need to apply for one. A letter of invitation is not required.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhniv7.html

The following documents are not considered helpful:

Letters of invitation (except for business travel)

3) If you are going to travel all the way to Canada to meet him, it's his responsibility to make the plans for your time in Canada.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.