255 posts in this topic

BIOMETRICS DONE TODAY

March 21, Columbus Ohio - The clock turned 11am this morning as the snow was finally starting to come down in what was thought to be a day of heavy snow, and MR4422 was just getting off a 12 hour shift at work. He called his wife to check to see if she was ready to go, as he was going to pick her up and take her to her biometrics appointment with USCIS. Arriving home at 11:35, he found his wife waiting with the appointment letter, passport and ID card in hand.

He contemplated whether he had time to eat lunch, as the appointment was at 1pm and it was a 10 minute drive to downtown. But a nagging feeling came over him and he decided this was too important to chance any delays. Even though the weather didn't look like it was going to be a factor, he took no chances and they promptly left.

They arrived downtown and determined where Leveque tower was, and found that it had a parking garage attached to it on Front Street, just off of West Broad. He told his wife it was going to cost about 5 dollars to park, and she started to pull 5 dollar bills from her wallet. He quickly explained to her that they pay when they leave the garage, not when they enter. They found a spot right away on the first level.

Having prepared his wife for the very cold and biting wind chill by having her bundled in a long heavy coat, hat and gloves and the hood of the coat pulled over her head, still could not remove the sting of cold this native thailand girl suffered during her 1.5 block walk to the building doors.

They looked over the huge directory(with small print no less) and did not see USCIS listed. Hmm, he thought, what name are they under? A guard asked them what they were looking for, and then directed them to the 3 floor.

Getting off the elevator on the 3rd floor, they were greeted by two armed security officers. They did a search of her bag and wanded them thoroughly with a metal detector. Then they were directed along a path that turned a few short corners and they checked in at the window. It was about 12:15.

the appointment letter was stamped, and a form was given to them to fill out with basic name/address/a# information. They returned this to the window, his wife's id was checked, and they were given number 25. As soon as they had picked up the paperwork the door on the left opened and a lady called for number 25. If thoughts could have been heard a loud thunderous "Sweet" would have echoed through the halls.

For the next 15 minutes all 10 fingers of his wife were scanned electronically, and her photo was taken. After the process had been QA'd by a supervisor, they were done.

They headed out of the building and decided to stop next door at subway to eat lunch.

It was 12:40pm. and their 1PM biometrics appointment was done!

Please stay tuned for further developments in this ongoing story.

----

Reported by K.Visa and P.R. Greencard

:lol:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
BIOMETRICS DONE TODAY

March 21, Columbus Ohio - The clock turned 11am this morning as the snow was finally starting to come down in what was thought to be a day of heavy snow, and MR4422 was just getting off a 12 hour shift at work. He called his wife to check to see if she was ready to go, as he was going to pick her up and take her to her biometrics appointment with USCIS. Arriving home at 11:35, he found his wife waiting with the appointment letter, passport and ID card in hand.

He contemplated whether he had time to eat lunch, as the appointment was at 1pm and it was a 10 minute drive to downtown. But a nagging feeling came over him and he decided this was too important to chance any delays. Even though the weather didn't look like it was going to be a factor, he took no chances and they promptly left.

They arrived downtown and determined where Leveque tower was, and found that it had a parking garage attached to it on Front Street, just off of West Broad. He told his wife it was going to cost about 5 dollars to park, and she started to pull 5 dollar bills from her wallet. He quickly explained to her that they pay when they leave the garage, not when they enter. They found a spot right away on the first level.

Having prepared his wife for the very cold and biting wind chill by having her bundled in a long heavy coat, hat and gloves and the hood of the coat pulled over her head, still could not remove the sting of cold this native thailand girl suffered during her 1.5 block walk to the building doors.

They looked over the huge directory(with small print no less) and did not see USCIS listed. Hmm, he thought, what name are they under? A guard asked them what they were looking for, and then directed them to the 3 floor.

Getting off the elevator on the 3rd floor, they were greeted by two armed security officers. They did a search of her bag and wanded them thoroughly with a metal detector. Then they were directed along a path that turned a few short corners and they checked in at the window. It was about 12:15.

the appointment letter was stamped, and a form was given to them to fill out with basic name/address/a# information. They returned this to the window, his wife's id was checked, and they were given number 25. As soon as they had picked up the paperwork the door on the left opened and a lady called for number 25. If thoughts could have been heard a loud thunderous "Sweet" would have echoed through the halls.

For the next 15 minutes all 10 fingers of his wife were scanned electronically, and her photo was taken. After the process had been QA'd by a supervisor, they were done.

They headed out of the building and decided to stop next door at subway to eat lunch.

----

It's always good to hear about the times when things go well! Hopefully your AOS interview will goes as smooth when the time comes.

Gene & Ying

12/23/04 - I-129F petition mailed to NSC

4/28/05 Interview for Visa in Bangkok-Visa Approved!!!!

5/2/05 Arrive in USA together! POE Minneapolis

5/25/05 - MARRIED!!

6/9/05 - Sent in AOS

7/8/05 - Biometrics for AOS complete in Milwaukee(walk-in)

11/16/05 Interview in Milwaukee - AOS APPROVED!!

9/17/07 Mailed in I-751 to NSC

10/15/07 Received NOA - Case transferred to California

12/27/07 E-mail stating that new card is ordered

12/31/07 10 year Green Card received! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

8/22/08 Sent in N-400 for naturalization

11/19/08 Passed the interview

1/12/09 Received letter about oath ceremony

1/29/09 Oath Ceremony - US Citizen!!

1/29/09 Changed status at Social Security office, applied for US Passport

Timeline
BIOMETRICS DONE TODAY

----

you should write a book :yes:

we got our biometric done today too ^^ but i think yours process time is a lot faster ;)

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I dont understand how you all received you SSN so quick. I am working on my AOS papers hoping to turn it in by next week.

K1

06-20-05 Sent I129F to CSC

01-03-06 Interview

01-13-06 Pickup visa

02-12-06 Arrived POE @ SFO

AOS

02-14-06 Appy for SSN

03-10-06 SSN received without EAD

03-15-06 Apply for marriage license

03-16-06 Married

03-20-06 Changed last name on SSN

03-20-06 Applied for CA ID (denied because we need SSN)

03-27-06 Received new SSN

03-29-06 Apply for CA ID

04-08-06 Received CA ID

04-10-06 Sent out AOS I-485 & EAD I-765

04-12-06 AOS delivered

04-17-06 reject EAD I-765 (forgot to send $180)

04-24-06 Resent EAD I-765 with fee

04-27-06 EAD I-765 fee received

05-04-06 NOA for I-765 schedule

05-23-06 NOA for I-485 schedule

05-24-06 Biometric for I-765

06-01-06 Biometric for I-485

06-29-06 NOA for I-485 case transfer to CSC

07-24-06 NOA for I-485 (Welcome to the USA letter sent with PRC)

07-28-06 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD and WELCOME TO THE USA LETTER RECEIVED

07-29-06 EAD approved

08-02-06 EAD mailed

08-05-06 EAD card received "why bother"

Timeline
I dont understand how you all received you SSN so quick. I am working on my AOS papers hoping to turn it in by next week.

You can pply for ssn before applying for AOS.... the only key is the I-94 have to be valid and is 30 days before the I-94 expire... and it is valid for 90 days from the day she enter the US. ... i think they just need her application (i d/l it from their site) and marriage certificate and a valid I-94 (and her passport) it hink that's it... hope i didnt forget anything ^^

If you apply for the SSN during that time you will get the SSN soon.. but if the I-94 expires or will expires in 30 days (please check again.. i remember it was 30 days) then you need to wait for her EAD to be able to apply for the SSN

I got my SSN from the time i was in the US before - so i only have t change my name but i went there a little too late my I-94 was almost expire so it's not valid so i have to wait for my EAD and then I can go change my name on my SSN... now i got my EAD and went to the change my name they said it'll take them up to 4 weeks to verified my document so i dont have the SSN card yet and so i cant change my name in my driver's licence too :crying:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

Timeline

You can pply for ssn before applying for AOS.... the only key is the I-94 have to be valid and is 30 days before the I-94 expire... and it is valid for 90 days from the day she enter the US. ... i think they just need her application (i d/l it from their site) and marriage certificate and a valid I-94 (and her passport) it hink that's it... hope i didnt forget anything ^^

If you apply for the SSN during that time you will get the SSN soon.. but if the I-94 expires or will expires in 30 days (please check again.. i remember it was 30 days) then you need to wait for her EAD to be able to apply for the SSN

I got my SSN from the time i was in the US before - so i only have t change my name but i went there a little too late my I-94 was almost expire so it's not valid so i have to wait for my EAD and then I can go change my name on my SSN... now i got my EAD and went to the change my name they said it'll take them up to 4 weeks to verified my document so i dont have the SSN card yet and so i cant change my name in my driver's licence too :crying:

I was wrong - sorry... i went there 2 days after my I-94 expired (just remember it now) and there's nothing to do with the 30 days prior to the expires date.. just go before the I-94 expires you should have no problem :whistle:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I moved after she enter the U.S on K1. Do I have to file AR11?

I am filling I-485 and I-765 using my new address and her new last name.

How do I answer question # 16 on I-765? (a)(6) or ©(9)?

Our I-94 will expired May 13

K1

06-20-05 Sent I129F to CSC

01-03-06 Interview

01-13-06 Pickup visa

02-12-06 Arrived POE @ SFO

AOS

02-14-06 Appy for SSN

03-10-06 SSN received without EAD

03-15-06 Apply for marriage license

03-16-06 Married

03-20-06 Changed last name on SSN

03-20-06 Applied for CA ID (denied because we need SSN)

03-27-06 Received new SSN

03-29-06 Apply for CA ID

04-08-06 Received CA ID

04-10-06 Sent out AOS I-485 & EAD I-765

04-12-06 AOS delivered

04-17-06 reject EAD I-765 (forgot to send $180)

04-24-06 Resent EAD I-765 with fee

04-27-06 EAD I-765 fee received

05-04-06 NOA for I-765 schedule

05-23-06 NOA for I-485 schedule

05-24-06 Biometric for I-765

06-01-06 Biometric for I-485

06-29-06 NOA for I-485 case transfer to CSC

07-24-06 NOA for I-485 (Welcome to the USA letter sent with PRC)

07-28-06 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD and WELCOME TO THE USA LETTER RECEIVED

07-29-06 EAD approved

08-02-06 EAD mailed

08-05-06 EAD card received "why bother"

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes, you should file an AR-11 to change your address.

Q16 on the I-765 application should be C(9) for a K1.

I moved after she enter the U.S on K1. Do I have to file AR11?

I am filling I-485 and I-765 using my new address and her new last name.

How do I answer question # 16 on I-765? (a)(6) or ©(9)?

Our I-94 will expired May 13

Timeline

I' just got the AOS interview date... May 9th!!!! I'm sooo happy!!!!

have to celebrate!!

what do i have to bring!!! ahh!!!! I have no clue what to bring!!!!! :help:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

have to celebrate!!

Very exciting. I am sure it will go well and you will be done for a while having to worry and wait on uscis. I think we are about 1 month out from her EAD if I am reading the processing dates correctly from the uscis website. then I hope our interview is not to far away after that.

Edit ,

Whats the point.

Edited by Peter

Feb 2005 - APPROVED for K1 Visa

June - 2005 - Moved to the USA =)

Apr - 2006 - APPROVED AOS Without Interview!!

Feb - 2008 - REMOVAL of conditions!!!!!

02/20/2008 - Package was sent to TSC.

02/25/2008 - Package confirmed received at TSC.

Disclaimer: Hey, YOU! I AM NOT A LAWYER, Everything I say is my opinion based on MY EXPERIENCE.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Anya,

congrats and goodluck!! for me i'm still debating if we should put my fiance's maiden name or my last name on her SS card. i think it will be easier after we get married to put her new last name on everything huh?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Skyman,

i'm at almost the same level of the processing the AOS as you. congrats on the wedding ceremony. here is the link for the necessary forms and step by step guide to the AOS process. good luck for both of us and keep this thread going! because i'm sure i will ask a whole lot of questions in here. better safe than sorry!

Timeline
Anya,

congrats and goodluck!! for me i'm still debating if we should put my fiance's maiden name or my last name on her SS card. i think it will be easier after we get married to put her new last name on everything huh?

hi

Well.. when we got married.. our judge (the one who married us... do they call her that?) anyway... she asked if i'd like to change my last name then.. we wasnt sure so I said no.. she then told me that if i want to change my last name.. just start using it... so that's what I did. I'm now using my husband's last name with my own last name as my middle name.. (i want to keep my last name coz it's me but it's kinda too long to write- so i cut it in half and use as middle name) and well after i decided that I have to go change my SSC to my married name (i had the SSC before i married my husband) but i was a little too late.. my I-94 expired so i cant change name on my SSC until i have my EAD... I put my new name on my AOS and EAD application and after i got my EAD i went to the SS office to change the name and it took me 4 weeks to recived the new card.. now i got the new card I have to go change my name in my Driver's licence and my ATM to.. ^^

if u go to get her SSN after u got married and before her I-94 expires then i think she'll get the SSC without any delay :D

have to celebrate!!

Very exciting. I am sure it will go well and you will be done for a while having to worry and wait on uscis. I think we are about 1 month out from her EAD if I am reading the processing dates correctly from the uscis website. then I hope our interview is not to far away after that.

Richard..

I think your AOS went so fast!! You will be having the interview in no time!!

I dont even start collecting documents yet... ahhh..... it's 2 weeks from now... sooooo excited!!

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.