Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

N-400 (marriage based) docs checklist

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Fiji


I am about to send in my application and I am wondering whether the official IRS tax return transcripts are enough to show financial co-mingling.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Did you still send all the joint financial documents like i-751 eventhough the USCIS instructions say any of the three (a,b,c) below is enough? Would it be overkill to send both transcripts and other docs such as bank statements?

4. Documents referring to you and your spouse:
a. Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children; or
b. Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past 3 years; or
c. An IRS tax return transcript for the last 3 years.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can send them in just like I-751 but you can just send tax transcripts. You will have a chance to show them co-mingling evidence (insurances, bills, bank statements...) at the interview.


12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru

Hi, I am almost finishing all the documents to be sent (Naturalization through marriage to a US citizen) and I have just read in the Visa Journey .com some instructions that if I have dependent children who do not live with me (that's my case, right now my children are living with the father in other country) I have to send any evidence of financial support. Every month I send my children financial support, although I don't have any job yet. I would like to know if someone has or have had the same issue and I don't know if it is convenient to send that evidence or not. thank you!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...