Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Spouse Visa

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India

Hello All,

I am on f1-visa with my opt extension. I work for a company in Boston. My company is going to file my petetion fo H1 in 2015. I am going to get maried in Feb. I will bring my wife on F2, but later on will she be eligible to change her status to F1 and get enroll in school for Master's.

Also, If i get H1 does I have to file H4 for or her she can cotinue her Master's under F1 status.

Please help me over this.



Edited by Akai

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no guarantee you will get H1B so wait until your H1B is obtained. Your wife can apply for F1 now to save from hassle of changing visa category in the States.


12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...