Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Will this be seen as "payment"?

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania

Hi everybody!

Quick background: Met my fiance online four years ago, I'm in Florida and live with parents, he is European, had three visits (he came here), engaged, going to marry in a month (!!!!!), there's a 9 year age gap. I'M about to go visit HIM for the first time, never been outside the country before and it's super exciting! We're getting married in Gibraltar, and when I'm back for Christmas we plan to send in the i-130 as fast as possible.

That said, he's been wanting to get back into trading stocks, but wanted to do it from a bank in the US verses one locally (they have weird fees and the likes). So we thought, okay, this is how we can have commingling assets. He transferred over about 7k to an investment account opened by me, and he pretty much does everything with it, it's just in my name. I mean, the username is both of our names, and it probably shows somewhere that money was transferred from his bank account. But now we're thinking about it, and worried that this will be taken inappropriately, as a gift instead of a gesture of trust.

I plan to use this toward my assets, as I don't break the 125% poverty line rule, so we want to keep it, but how smart is it to try and use as proof of a bona fide marriage?

Edited by Lindseybug

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything could be twisted if they desired to do so. But to me it certainly looks like trust and planning a life together. If it was a payment, he wouldn't have access to the account, which he apparently does. Its understandable he can't be listed on the actual account until he has an SS number.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Oath Taking

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...