ftr_mrs_f

already worried about k1 visa

10 posts in this topic

Hi, there. My fiance will file K1 visa for me in june, and i've started getting all worried and nervous about it. We've met twice in 18 months and have lots of proof of our relationship but i still feel worried.

I guess main concern is that I had 3 denials of visas from Nov/04 to June 05, one was tourist visa and the other two were medical. There is the fact that i come from a Latin American country (El Salvador), and i've heard that your chances of getting K1 visa depends on the country you come from. There's a third concern, should my income here in my country be an issue? I don't know, i'm just worried already. If there's anyone who can help me clear my doubts, please do, i will greatly appreciate it.

God bless you.

July 06/06.............. Thanks God everything is ready and my baby finally mailed I-129f

July 17/06.............. Check was cashed

July 18/06.............. Thx God we got our NOA1 from CSC

Sep 20/06............... Thx God! NOA2 date

Sep 21/06............... touched; got 5 approval emails! thank you Lord!

Sep 26/06............... mon amour got NOA2

Oct 18/06............... My baby got the letter from NVC

Oct 24/06............... Oh, Lord, You are so great! got our packet 3 today!!! yupi!!! early bday present!!!

Oct 30/06............... Mailing away my DS-156, thank you for your blessings, God

Nov 01/06............... Medical @ 8am

Dec 14/06............... My baby got packet 4

Jan 06/07............... We requested our Interview to be scheduled for January 22nd! my baby's bday! and he will be allowed 2b inside with me!! wow!

Jan 22/07............... VISA APPROVED!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!

Jan 29/07............... Went to cargo expresso to get my passport, which means: VISA RECEIVED!!!

Apr 27/07............... Married my one and only at 10;30am

Jul 06/07............... Finally mailed away AOS

Jul 19/07............... Check was cashed

Jul 21/07............... Thanks God we received NOA1

Jul 24/07............... Thanks God we received Biometrics letter

Ag 17/07............... Biometrics @ 12

dev242bf___.png

"Trust the past to God's mercy, the present to God's love and the future to God's providence..."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey como estás??

Well, to be honest, i think it doesnt depend of the country where you are from...

I really dont think it..

And the tourist visa is one thing, the k1 otra ...

If you can do everything they ask you to do, you'll be ok, i know it.

It really takes off my good night sleep, but, we have to go through this to stay with who we want and who I love.

Look for all the things you need and you'll be ok. And let's believe that it doesnt depend of the country and nationality!!

Estamos aqui ............

!!!

Visa Approved!

Removal of Conditions

21/03 - VSC Received it

24/03 - NOA 1

27/03 - Check Cashed

08/04 - Biometrics received

July 8th - Approved

"Do you think who made the ears wont listen to you? Do you think who made the eyes, wont see? God is always watching you and listening to you"

988_d85d41946422f5b8fb58899bbfd0ba87_prod.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

just take a deep breathe... and relax...

i have read from other posters on here that one type of visa doesn't reflect on another... if i am wrong, someone will come along and give you better instruction...

i feel that the most important thing to concentrate on is just preparing the information that is needed for the k1... don't sweat it...

i know... i know... easier said than done...

just know that there are a LOT of many qualified and experienced people here who can give you suggestions, support and k1 help...

wishing you the best!

Blessings,

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi, there. My fiance will file K1 visa for me in june, and i've started getting all worried and nervous about it. We've met twice in 18 months and have lots of proof of our relationship but i still feel worried.

I guess main concern is that I had 3 denials of visas from Nov/04 to June 05, one was tourist visa and the other two were medical. There is the fact that i come from a Latin American country (El Salvador), and i've heard that your chances of getting K1 visa depends on the country you come from. There's a third concern, should my income here in my country be an issue? I don't know, i'm just worried already. If there's anyone who can help me clear my doubts, please do, i will greatly appreciate it.

God bless you.

Hi i know how you are feeling now. maybe like me hehehhe.

I posted my doubts here too because I had 5 tourist visas denied (between 2002 and 2003).

my fiance wants to file K-1 visa. He said everyhting will be ok.

And many friends here said one visa (tourist) has not with anther one (k-1).

well, we have to try because it is not easy to be far from our love.

Faith in God and go ahead! :D

good luck!

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Thanks for your messages, i feel better already :yes:

Edited by ftr_mrs_frmnt

July 06/06.............. Thanks God everything is ready and my baby finally mailed I-129f

Oct 24/06............... Oh, Lord, You are so great! got our packet 3 today!!! yupi!!! early bday present!!!

Oct 30/06............... Mailing away my DS-156, thank you for your blessings, God

Jan 06/07............... We requested our Interview to be scheduled for January 22nd! my baby's bday! and he will be allowed 2b inside with me!! wow!

Jan 29/07............... Went to cargo expresso to get my passport, which means: VISA RECEIVED!!!

dev242bf___.png

"Trust the past to God's mercy, the present to God's love and the future to God's providence..."

Filed: Timeline

yeh i knew someone who got denied a tourist visa but still granted a k1 and from what i have read on this site, so have many many others

the long and the short of it seems to be that people mostly get refused tourist visas because they are worried you will go to the us and stay where as with the k1 they expect you too

journey.jpg

My fiance was denied a tourist visa and it wasn't even mentioned at his K-1 visa interview. Don't worry too much, all you can do is your best. Keep tracking your phone calls, save letters, cards and emails you send each other, and put together as many photos as you can. That's all you can do for now.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

God bless you.

Well.... I wish you the best of luck! And I honestly think you'll be okay.

The amount of money you make in El Salvador is not an issue.... how well she's gonna be able to support you in the US is.

And the amount of times you were denied a tourist visa won't matter either.

Now you said you were denied a medical visa. I just thought I should let you know that you'll have to have a medical exam done before the interview, after your petition is aproved. They basically want to know if you're healthy and will not become a public charge once you arrive in the US. I don't know about your medical record and you really don't have to say the reason why you tried to get a medical visa to the US, but just do some research if you think there'd be any reason to worry about your exam. :thumbs:

I hope there's nothing to worry about though.... and someone please correct me if I'm wrong!!

Good luck to you!!! :star:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

yeah, i guess i shouldnt worry that much; i had tourist visa for 20 years and when it expired in 2004 and i went to renew it, they didnt grant it because they said i was young, single with no kids and i was likely to stay in the States, but i did have a good record all those years. In the old days, you would renew your visa automatically, but unfortunaly, everything changed after 911. Anyways, i'll keep being positive! ;) thanks for your replies

dev242bf___.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you love your fiancé you owe it to both of you to try. Get everything possible that they ask for and document the denials. The tourist visa denial does not interfere with the K-1. As for the medical problems is there anything you can do to make it better; eat certain food, exercise, take medication, etc. I wish you very luck.

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.