jk2014

Dual citizen beneficiary

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I need your advice on this one:

I am a dual citizen, (Japanese-Filipino) I was born in Japan and my father is Japanese and my mother is a Filipino. I am now living in the Philippines for more than 10 years and I only have a Japanese passport. What should I write on the Nationality part on my G-325A? My fiance only wrote Japanese on the i-129f form and he already sent it (he missed to submit the G-325A and now we got an RFE). Should I just write Japanese so that its consistent with the i-129f from? I will be interviewed here in the Philippines if ever and I just dont want them to ask for my Japanese birth certificate, Police clearance and other stuff because I have to go there in order to get them and still have them translated. HELP PLEASE!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I need your advice on this one:

I am a dual citizen, (Japanese-Filipino) I was born in Japan and my father is Japanese and my mother is a Filipino. I am now living in the Philippines for more than 10 years and I only have a Japanese passport. What should I write on the Nationality part on my G-325A? My fiance only wrote Japanese on the i-129f form and he already sent it (he missed to submit the G-325A and now we got an RFE). Should I just write Japanese so that its consistent with the i-129f from? I will be interviewed here in the Philippines if ever and I just dont want them to ask for my Japanese birth certificate, Police clearance and other stuff because I have to go there in order to get them and still have them translated. HELP PLEASE!

If you plan on using the Japanese passport to process the visa and travel to the USA then you need to put your citizenship as Japanese.

If you were born in Japan you will need to present your birth certificate from Japan along with a translation, you will also need a police clearance from Japan if you lived there for 6 months or more, after the age of 16 years. Was your birth recorded at NSO in the Philippines? One thought: If you are a dual citizen, then there is a copy of your birth certificate at NSO so no need to get it from Japan.

Pop over to the Philippines forum for better answers related to the visa process in the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you plan on using the Japanese passport to process the visa and travel to the USA then you need to put your citizenship as Japanese.

If you were born in Japan you will need to present your birth certificate from Japan along with a translation, you will also need a police clearance from Japan if you lived there for 6 months or more, after the age of 16 years. Was your birth recorded at NSO in the Philippines? One thought: If you are a dual citizen, then there is a copy of your birth certificate at NSO so no need to get it from Japan.

Pop over to the Philippines forum for better answers related to the visa process in the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Finally a reply! Yes I am a dual citizen I've been living here in Manila since 2nd grade, I just go to Japan every now and then to visit.

I only have a Japanese passport and I just have a certificate of recognition as a Filipino citizen and I just present that every time I go back to the Philippines.

And Yes I do have NSO birth certificate, I studied here and now been working here so I have my NBI clearance as well. I just want to check what to put on my G-325a form because the space is limited so I can only one. And like what I've mentioned if I only put Japanese they might ask for my birth certificate and other documents from japan as a requirement for the interview.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally a reply! Yes I am a dual citizen I've been living here in Manila since 2nd grade, I just go to Japan every now and then to visit.

I only have a Japanese passport and I just have a certificate of recognition as a Filipino citizen and I just present that every time I go back to the Philippines.

And Yes I do have NSO birth certificate, I studied here and now been working here so I have my NBI clearance as well. I just want to check what to put on my G-325a form because the space is limited so I can only one. And like what I've mentioned if I only put Japanese they might ask for my birth certificate and other documents from japan as a requirement for the interview.

You have to use the citizenship of the passport, no question on that, so Japan is your country of citizenship.

If you have been in the Philippines since 2nd grade then no need to get a police clearance, as long as your visits to Japan were under 6 months.

Like you said you have your NBI (green version for travel abroad), you will need the NSO birth certificate (translated to english), NSO CENOMAR . Not sure if there are any special documents needed from Japan, can't think of anything myself.

(one thing I believe you can avoid being you possess a Japanese passport is CFO.... :lol:)

You need to follow the embassy instructions letter for USEM (link below) -

Follow the flashing arrow below for details on the K-1 process for Manila.

You should move your postings to the Philippines forum ( I will see if I can get it moved). http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.