Ianne25

Medical Tests (Sputum) Rescheduling Interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

My mother has medical at St. Lukes today. This is her second day and she will get her result at 8:30 am PI time. She has a history of pneumonia and we are expecting the worst if they will have her do the sputum test for 3 days. Her interview will be scheduled for December 1st. Who would reschedule the interview, St. Lukes or me? I'd like to know when the best date to reschedule the interview in the event that the test takes two months or more.

Is it possible to schedule online or do I have to call the embassy in Manila?

Please let me know, thanks!

Timeline

you or your mom would do the re-scheduling, from what I gather SLEC has stopped doing this.

Thanks for the quick reply! When do you think it's best to reschedule for? 2 months, or should I make it for 3 months from now?

Again, can I do it online or do we have to call the U.S. Embassy in Manila?

Thanks again!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wait until you know.... don't get the cart before the horse. ;)

IF your mom has to do the sputum, I suggest you wait until you know the results from that with is a couple months down the road.

I don't know if online or calling is best for rescheduling with the IR-5. I suggest calling - when your mom is ready for her interview (medical is complete)

Make sure to CANCEL the current appointment if sputum is required.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My mother has medical at St. Lukes today. This is her second day and she will get her result at 8:30 am PI time. She has a history of pneumonia and we are expecting the worst if they will have her do the sputum test for 3 days. Her interview will be scheduled for December 1st. Who would reschedule the interview, St. Lukes or me? I'd like to know when the best date to reschedule the interview in the event that the test takes two months or more.

Is it possible to schedule online or do I have to call the embassy in Manila?

Please let me know, thanks!

SLEC is not helping with rescheduling embassy interviews because there are several appointments available at the embassy online or by calling. SLEC in the past has assisted during non-availability of appointments, which isn't presently the case.

Best of luck this morning. Hopefully no need to reschedule :)

Edited by luckytwo15

Timeline

Wait until you know.... don't get the cart before the horse. ;)

IF your mom has to do the sputum, I suggest you wait until you know the results from that with is a couple months down the road.

I don't know if online or calling is best for rescheduling with the IR-5. I suggest calling - when your mom is ready for her interview (medical is complete)

Make sure to CANCEL the current appointment if sputum is required.

Haha, this process is stressing me out. I will know the results in a little over an hour and I'm biting my nails in anticipation. So it doesn't necessarily mean that when you cancel you have to schedule right away? I can cancel now and do the rescheduling later?

Thanks again!

SLEC is not helping with rescheduling embassy interviews because there are several appointments available at the embassy online or by calling. SLEC in the past has assisted during non-availability of appointments, which isn't presently the case.

Best of luck this morning. Hopefully no need to reschedule :)

Thank you for clarifying this, I will wait a few more hours and figure it out when I get the results. Hopefully she will proceed to immunization and not the dreaded sputum test.

Thanks again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Haha, this process is stressing me out. I will know the results in a little over an hour and I'm biting my nails in anticipation. So it doesn't necessarily mean that when you cancel you have to schedule right away? I can cancel now and do the rescheduling later?

Thanks again!

My mom had to do sputum exam that delayed us for 3 months.. We did not cancel, SLEC will let the embassy know about the sputum.. After everything we need to reschedule the interview, i checked online but the available schedule is a month away, so i called them to reschedule i got a schedule in 5days.. Best of luck. Hope ur mom won't undergo sputum test.. Pneumonia is nothing compared to TB...

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks again!

Thank you for clarifying this, I will wait a few more hours and figure it out when I get the results. Hopefully she will proceed to immunization and not the dreaded sputum test.

Thanks again!

Ya relax some, wait until you know things. As was posted above SLEC will let the embassy know about any delay and cancel the appointment so there is one less worry.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

As of 11:33 am Philippines time my mother called to let me know her immunization is done so no need to worry about sputum.

Hooray! Thanks for all the help everyone, just like a girl scout I'm always prepared for the worst.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.