EmpressJA

I1864 and savings..

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This year I made 15,100 my sister who lives with me will file i864a she only made 8,000 were sponsoring my husband and the poverty guideline for a household of 3 is 24,737 I have 11,000 in my savings as of this month, i have been saving up since I started filing and now we're at NVC and I was wondering if I will NOT be able to use my savings to make up the difference because it hasn't been in there for a solid year..

Or it doesn't matter how long I've had the money in my savings as long as it's there and I have bank statements to prove it..? Will I be okay with my earnings and savings I'm so nervous about not reaching the guidelines..

Thanks in advance for answering..

Edited by Jamaicabeauty

This year I made 15,100 my sister who lives with me will file i864a she only made 8,000 were sponsoring my husband and the poverty guideline for a household of 3 is 24,737 I have 11,000 in my savings as of this month, i have been saving up since I started filing and now we're at NVC and I was wondering if I will NOT be able to use my savings to make up the difference because it hasn't been in there for a solid year..

Or it doesn't matter how long I've had the money in my savings as long as it's there and I have bank statements to prove it..? Will I be okay with my earnings and savings I'm so nervous about not reaching the guidelines..

Thanks in advance for answering..

Savings for a spouse are taken at 1/3 their value, so your $11,000 is worth $3,666.67 towards the poverty level. So you are at $18,766.67 with your earnings and savings. With your sister' $8,000 you are at $26,766.67 which is greater than the poverty guideline for a family of 3. There is no set time frame for how long the money must be in your account as far as I know.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Savings for a spouse are taken at 1/3 their value, so your $11,000 is worth $3,666.67 towards the poverty level. So you are at $18,766.67 with your earnings and savings. With your sister' $8,000 you are at $26,766.67 which is greater than the poverty guideline for a family of 3. There is no set time frame for how long the money must be in your account as far as I know.

Good luck,

Dave

i read somewhere that if the money is not there for a solid year they will not count it because they don't know if you borrowed it.. But I don't know how truthful that is..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.