dakobert

Military Records

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello together,

I already posted my topic in the European subforum. However, I haven't received an answer, and wonder if may ask here. I did civil service instead of military service. So for the interview they request military records, that's what is says in the checklist for the interview in Frankfurt/Germany. Does it also refer to community service records as an alternative to military service, or any certificate that I chose to serve in the civil sector instead? I have to say that either military service or community service were mandatory after Highschool.

Also, for any information they request original + copy. Does the copy has to be notarized or something? Or just a plain copy?

I appreciate any help on this. Thank you and good luck everybody!

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Ah, it would be so nice to get an answer for this. I researched the requirements for the interview carefully before, but I haven't seen that military records was among the required documents. Today I got the checklist for the interview, and bummer, I have everything ready, but this damn thing! I also did civil service instead of military service, but still that was administered under the military authority whatever. I wonder if they are asking records to check if you were in service in war zones or if you were a professional soldier. Why is this needed at all and what are these military records?

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Ah, it would be so nice to get an answer for this. I researched the requirements for the interview carefully before, but I haven't seen that military records was among the required documents. Today I got the checklist for the interview, and bummer, I have everything ready, but this damn thing! I also did civil service instead of military service, but still that was administered under the military authority whatever. I wonder if they are asking records to check if you were in service in war zones or if you were a professional soldier. Why is this needed at all and what are these military records?

Well I just ordered a record for the civil service, that was no problem. better safe than sorry :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Yeah, thanks, I am doing the same. I am just sad that I didn't know about it earlier. I would have sorted this out a long time ago. Now I am losing time which I would rather spend with my fiancee :/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.