Paul&Halee

London Interview Questions / Documents

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have my interview at the embassy in London on Friday! Very excited / nervous

I'm just reading up and doing some final checks to make sure I have everything and a couple of questions have come up.

1. Read this comment from one persons experience of the embassy interview "lady asks for my passport and interview letter as well as my courier confirmation."

I can't find anything on the website for the London embassy that says I need a courier confirmation. Can anyone confirm this is still the case and how I go about it?

I did find mention of it here (http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html) but that's for the Ethiopian embassy.

2. I also read "Complete the online Notification of Applicant's Readiness Form" (http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/notification_of_applicant_readiness_form.html)

Having read through my interview letter and all the guides and required documents I can't find anything that says I need to complete this. Is this still the case? Should I complete the online readiness form?

Below is a list from the embassy website of everything I need and I can't see either of those things on there.

http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

Almost at the final hurdle now and I just don't want to come this far just to be missing one document I could've easily brought had I known.

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Paul

Readiness form is only for K1 visas. They won't be given an interview date without it. You have an interview.

London website info on courier and scheduling online. http://london.usembassy.gov/mail.html

Current thread in the UK forum where you might ask Katie (CR1 interviewed yesterday) her experience about courier confirmation. She is active and will see your post if you add it to the end of her thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/521218-approved-but-worried/

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thanks for your reply. I read Katie's interview description and it thought it was very good, I just hadn't come across the courier confirmation before and became a bit panicked!

Other than that it made me feel a lot better about the process.

Thanks for your reply. I read Katie's interview description and it thought it was very good, I just hadn't come across the courier confirmation before and became a bit panicked!

Other than that it made me feel a lot better about the process.

So have you arranged for and paid for the courier? Then you would have the confirmation.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.