6 posts in this topic

i fill up our form i 864 and in the part where u will put how many people are u gonna be staying in a household i didnt notice that i had to sum up so i put zero instead of 2 ... will we have a checklist on that ? what should i do im so nervous and sad anyone with this kind of experience? pls help ..

post-191210-0-54438800-1415193547_thumb.jpg

MRS. MOORE (L)(L)(L)

Yes, you will receive checklist for that. Contact the NVC and notify them about the mistake and see if you can resend the AOS without having to wait for the checklist. I would go over the form all over again (twice) and make sure there are no other mistakes, you have to read each line carefully in addition to the instructions. Good luck.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i fill up our form i 864 and in the part where u will put how many people are u gonna be staying in a household i didnt notice that i had to sum up so i put zero instead of 2 ... will we have a checklist on that ? what should i do im so nervous and sad anyone with this kind of experience? pls help ..

Did anybody in your household filled put a i864a.. if not I dont have to worry. Thats the only way they will know who is on ypur household.

Did anybody in your household filled put a i864a.. if not I dont have to worry. Thats the only way they will know who is on ypur household.

WHAT DO U MEAN FORM I864A?

MRS. MOORE (L)(L)(L)

Yes, you will receive checklist for that. Contact the NVC and notify them about the mistake and see if you can resend the AOS without having to wait for the checklist. I would go over the form all over again (twice) and make sure there are no other mistakes, you have to read each line carefully in addition to the instructions. Good luck.

@ Nil Desperandum......hello you seem to be very well informed with all this visa stuff. So I have a question. My fiance received a denial worksheet 221(g) which says to send in a police certification and a handwritten criminal history written by him. Then have it sworn and notified. They also say to have all documents translated into English. So my question is I have been the one doing all the translating. I am fluent in Spanish and English language. Do you know if I scan and send him the translations signed by me. Will consulate allow copies? The letter doesn't say anything about oringinals, just must be translated. I've searched and cant find anything on the subject. To mail him original translations takes to long and for him to receive in a few days is expensive. Just thought you might know a website where to find the answer. Thank you inadvance and have a blessed day.

Hi, I only know from what we went through so I'm not sure. The embassy in DR is very picky sometimes so I can't really say if a copy is ok or not. I would think it's fine because it's a translation and not an actual document. However, when we did the process we used everything original because we didn't want to take any chances. I would send everything original to be on the safe side. You can check in one of those agencias de viaje to see if it may be cheaper than UPS or FedEx. Good luck.

@ Nil Desperandum......hello you seem to be very well informed with all this visa stuff. So I have a question. My fiance received a denial worksheet 221(g) which says to send in a police certification and a handwritten criminal history written by him. Then have it sworn and notified. They also say to have all documents translated into English. So my question is I have been the one doing all the translating. I am fluent in Spanish and English language. Do you know if I scan and send him the translations signed by me. Will consulate allow copies? The letter doesn't say anything about oringinals, just must be translated. I've searched and cant find anything on the subject. To mail him original translations takes to long and for him to receive in a few days is expensive. Just thought you might know a website where to find the answer. Thank you inadvance and have a blessed day.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.