yunvanne

sponsor document ?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

hi all, do i need the affidavit support document from my friend who live in Texas? he agreed to be my sponsor for my DV 2015 and should i rely on him or i just have the bank statement ? how much should we declare the amount of our bank credit ?

1. if my friend who my sponsor , that mean i have to live in his house for 5 years to waiting for i can get citizen ?

2. if he not my sponsor, that mean i have to proof that i have money ( at least 10k?) to support me and my wife, son ?

please help explain me for this and thank you in advance,

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

hi all, do i need the affidavit support document from my friend who live in Texas? he agreed to be my sponsor for my DV 2015 and should i rely on him or i just have the bank statement ? how much should we declare the amount of our bank credit ?

1. if my friend who my sponsor , that mean i have to live in his house for 5 years to waiting for i can get citizen ?

2. if he not my sponsor, that mean i have to proof that i have money ( at least 10k?) to support me and my wife, son ?

please help explain me for this and thank you in advance,

i will give my experience to you,

i am Asian winner as well as you, if it is correct you are from Cambodia.

it depends on which embassy you will have interview. some embassy will ask bank statement and some is not, but i guess, again i guess for mostly asian is needed bank statement (CMIIW). i know is too early to point that all asian is need BS (no offence guy please :)

so, for your case, just be ready with bank statement, and is better if you have also affidavit of support. in case your bank statement is not enough.

before, i only provided bank statement $15K. but CO asked for additional financial asset or find affidavit of support and now still working on it with other issue.

so for

no 1- i dont think u must stay (in your friend house) till 5 year, you can stay any where as u like in US. (CMIIW)

no 2- yes, if consular ask you for bank statement, it means you should show to CO that u have enough money for supporting your family.

Spoiler

2009 = started to learn for DV visa

2010 = missed the chance, due to stay in the jungle,,seriously :cry:

2011 = missed the chance, due to work activity, too busy :crying:

2012 = started to learn again, and tried to apply DV visa, but finally not selected, and realize that i put with wrong background picture. failed to understand the requirement. :oops:

Spoiler

01/10/2013 = applied for DV visa, with fully sure that picture is exactly same what website asked.

01/05/2014 = website was down due to high traffic

03/05/2014 = check for DV winner, finally it shows congratulation, you have been selected for,,,,

26/07/2014 = submitted form DS 260.

15/08/2014 = got 2nd letter notification

27/09/2014 = medical check up done

15/10/2014 = got interview with US embassy, but case is pending

09/11/2014 = resubmit additional document

10/12/2014 = got email from US embassy to hand over all the passport

11/12/2014 = DV visa granted and printed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------.............................

Spoiler

15/01/2015 = paid for immigration fee

16/03/2015 = landed safety in USA, POE = los angeles (LA)

31/03/2015=went back to home country

26/05/2015=come back to LA without plastic GC

28/05/2015=visited in person to SSA office, they claimed that SSN was sent already by immigration, SSA office made for replacement

04/06/2015=SSN in hand

09/06/2015=make ID

09/07/2015= GC in hand for 10 years 

.................................................................................................................

01/30/2020= Submit N400

01/31/2020=NOA1

02/07/2020= Got letter for Bio metric finger print 

02/20/2020= appointment for finger print (nice date)

01/14/2021= got notification for set up interview,,hiks hiks don't know when ?

02/24/2021 = interview date and pass 

02/24/2021 : checked my USCIS account and it said Oath ceremony notice was mailed to my address. 

03/26/2021 : the oath ceremony is done 😁😁 and got a certificate of us naturalization, 

The affidavit of support would be an I-134, with supporting docs, and you want to bring enough evidence of income for you as well.

You don't have to stay in his house.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/i-won-the-dv-lottery-i-show-i-wont-become-public-charge-im-still-school.html

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Thank you very much guys and Lan h sure guys I'm from Cambodia my friends from usa will come visit me on March should I have group photo with him to proof that he is my real friend to show to co?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.