Andrew&Lula

THE WAIT!!!!!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I just got NOA1 yesterday and I can already tell the wait is going to be excruciating. We are at TSC, too. It's such an odd feeling because we timed this knowing and wanting it to take 9-10 months. My fiance wants to move next autumn. We must be the only couple alive who isn't dying to move ASAP!!! Even though we feel comfortable with the amount of time it will take and how that should fit well into our overall plan, it still seems like it's going to be really difficult to deal with the wait.

Good luck !! my friend got her visa in about 6 months and she is from the same city i live in.. that's what makes my waiting more stressful because i'm comparing her timeline to mine ..

11 Oct 2014 - Mailed I-129F

17 Oct 2014 - NOA1 Received via Text/Email

25 Oct 2014 - NOA1 hard copy received

03 Nov 2014 - NOA2 approved on USCIS website

07 Nov 2014 - NOA2 hard copy received

14 Nov 2014 - Case number and Application ID assigned

20 Nov 2014 - Ready for interview

05 Dec 2014 - Consulate received my case

18 Dec 2014 - Interview date (Approved)

29 Dec 2014 - Visa Issued
02 Jan 2015 - Visa in hands

Timeline

I hear you.

Focusing on preparing for the move helps. If you have established a strong foundation in your home country, including finances, friends, family and accommodation, you need a plan to ensure a smooth transition for your new life in the US. Make a list of everything you want/need to do before you leave and schedule some time to do it.

Researching the next major stages (consular processing, interview, POE, marriage/wedding, AOS/EAD/AP, etc.) also helps. You can never be too prepared. And there's an abundance of information on Google and Visa Journey, especially in the regional forum most relevant to you.

Checking your case status and similar timelines/processing times, occasionally helps. But obsessively checking and comparing can become mentally exhausting. And before you know it, the bitterness/disapppointment will creep in. Thankfully, you're at the California Service Centre, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Enjoy the rest of your journey!

i think it is the best way to deal with the wait !! i will search next stages.. Yes thank god we are at the CSC.

Thank you !!

I did many many many hours of research before I started the application process. Almost 200 hours of research, data collection, and documentation collection.

I passed the time by getting ready for the next process after marriage. What to do and what not what to do.

Additionaly, I did alot of helping to others who were beginning the process.

Helping others is such a great idea ! Actually i have been contacted by a couple who has no idea about the k-1 visa and i'm willing to help them with any information they need !

i know how you feel!Its been a month and i'm ready to get my NOA2 now.I can't even get to see my babe untul next year & that suckssss!!!!!I check constantly on some days too & on others i try to forget about it.I get a lil jelly of those at CSC too but hey,we're all gna get through sooner or later.I never expected it to be this long,i had so many expectations.Keep the faith,the days aren't as long as they seem.Go out with friends,dont talk about it ALL the time & make plans for whats to come after NOA2.I still have my fingers crossed that i get through in December ;)

Oh me too !! fingers crossed i hope i get my NOA2 before Christmas !!!!! Good luck ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well can i just ask have anybody been to an interview yet cause i thought it was over after they take your documents an passport an tell you to register with DHL but apparently not an the interview was in october so i guess we just wait they say the administrative process can take up to several week I say i wont check the status every day but i do i even had to send a letter to let them know that the fiancé visa petition was gonna expire on october 29,2014. So we still wait

We had contact with each other everyday. Sometimes it was just an email or text, but it helped us get through this. Go out with friends, make plans, don't just sit home. Maybe take up a hobby, something you always wanted to learn. Maybe do some reasarch of the place you will be moving to, to get an idea of what it is like.

Igors's list his only as accurate if people on here fill out their timelines or update them. Ours seemed to change every couple of days and then just stopped at one point. Plus it is just a small percentage of all the petitions, as it is just the users from this site.

The wait does seem long at times, but soon you will be with each other and this wait will seem like such a small amount of time.

Timeline

We had contact with each other everyday. Sometimes it was just an email or text, but it helped us get through this. Go out with friends, make plans, don't just sit home. Maybe take up a hobby, something you always wanted to learn. Maybe do some reasarch of the place you will be moving to, to get an idea of what it is like.

Igors's list his only as accurate if people on here fill out their timelines or update them. Ours seemed to change every couple of days and then just stopped at one point. Plus it is just a small percentage of all the petitions, as it is just the users from this site.

The wait does seem long at times, but soon you will be with each other and this wait will seem like such a small amount of time.

We skype everyday, we can't go on a day without seeing each other !! the missing feeling is so hard and the stress of the wait makes it worse ! but i'm keeping my cool and i pray that everything goes smoothly !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.