Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline


I am just starting my journey here and there is a lot of information to sort through. It seems like everyone here are willing to help with questions and advice.

This is my story... I met My Love 3 years ago and we plan to get married. We have seen a few lawyers about the possibility and processes of changing his status in America. He is considered illegal, but he has been here for almost 10 years now with no illegal issues (other than his immigrant status) and has record of all his taxes being paid properly. We want to make sure we go through the processes correctly, but the lawyers gave us different answers every time.

We have now found out unfortunately that his family has had medical emergencies and he needs to go back home. We still plan to get married no matter what, but does anyone have any advice about how to proceed? I know we could get married here before he leaves, or we could wait until he goes back to get married in his home country and then file for K2. Would we still need the 601 waiver if we start the process outside his home country? Is there a different way that I am not thinking about?

Again, I am just starting so any information at all would be much appreciated.

Thank you!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

~~moved to what visa do we need from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

You would need a I-601A waiver before he leaves for interview. I'm not sure if you can use the I-601A for a K visa or only spousal

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...