Catica

Question on the I-134

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Alrighty here goes after it asks you about your current job and salary and how much you make a year which I made enough just files my 2006 taxes Friday and my AGI was 24,498.00 so Im good to go there and I see it asks for stocks, life insurance policies etc after that. Is that required information or for people who didnt make it above the poverty line to fill in their income other ways? I have stocks and a $150k life insurance policy, should I fill that in just in case anyway and if I do do I then need to send copies or originals to my fiancee to prove the stocks and life insurance policy? So Far I already have pay stubs for the last 3 months and will have them for probably the next 2 or 3 months too or at least until the interview that I can send him, A information from bank with my balance, deposits made in the past year, and the year I opened the account. Tax returns for 2006back until 2002. I had originally thought I only had my 2005 and 2006 ones but digging through some of my old files that where in storage I found my previous tax papers from back until 2002. So Im pretty sure I have enough to cover the affidavit without the stocks and insurance if its going to be more hassle to add them in too.

Also I didnt really understand question 11 that says:

11. That I intend(check one) do not intend(check one) to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3.

(If you check "intend," indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions. For example, if you intend to furnishroom and board, state for how long and, if money, state the amount in U.S. dollars and state whether it is to be given in a lumpsum, weekly or monthly, or for how long.

What does this mean exactly am I supposed to list exactly what Ill be paying for for my fiancee once hes here and exactly how much I intend to spend on him? If so does anyone mind answering on how they answered this? Cause of course Ill give him anything he needs within my power as long as we are married but Im not to sure how to put that into "exact nature".

Finally Im going to take this hopefully tommorrow and have it notarized what other things that I need to send to my fiancee either for the checklist or the interview needs to be a notarized document? Just the statement from the bank, and the I-134 or just the I-134?

Scott and Misty Offcial Webpage!

How does it happen, Great love?... Noone knows.. But I what I do know is it happens in a blink of an eye. One minutes your happily living your life and the next your wondering how you ever lived without them.

*I-129f sent* 10-31-2006

*I-129f recieved at VSC* 11-02-2006

*NOA1* 11-03-2006

*Check Cashed/Touched* 11-09-2006

*Touched* 11-15-2006

*Touched* 11-16-2006

*RFE email notice* 12-05-2006

*RFE snail mail* 12-11-2006

*RFE mailed back overnight* 12-12-2006

*RFE recieved VSC* 12-13-2006

*Touched* 12-14-2006

*Touched* 12-15-2006

*Touched* 12-18-2006

*Touched* 12-19-2006

*NOA2 email* 01-25-2007

*Touched* 01-26-2007

*Case Recieved at NVC* 01-29-2007

*Case Sent to London Embassy* 01-30-2007

*Fiance Recieves Packet 3* 02-10-2007

*Fiance Mails Back Packet 3* 02-12-2007

*Medical* 02-21-2007

*Mailed Packet 3 (2nd Time)* 03-09-07

*Delivery Confirmation Embassy Recieved it* 03-12-07

*Recieved Packet 4* 03-19-2007

*Interview Date* 04-20-2007 *APPROVED*

Soon to Come

*arrival in the US* 05-03-2007

*Official Marriage* 05-12-2007

*Big Wedding for Family/Friends* 7-14-2007

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Alrighty here goes after it asks you about your current job and salary and how much you make a year which I made enough just files my 2006 taxes Friday and my AGI was 24,498.00 so Im good to go there and I see it asks for stocks, life insurance policies etc after that. Is that required information or for people who didnt make it above the poverty line to fill in their income other ways? I have stocks and a $150k life insurance policy, should I fill that in just in case anyway and if I do do I then need to send copies or originals to my fiancee to prove the stocks and life insurance policy? So Far I already have pay stubs for the last 3 months and will have them for probably the next 2 or 3 months too or at least until the interview that I can send him, A information from bank with my balance, deposits made in the past year, and the year I opened the account. Tax returns for 2006back until 2002. I had originally thought I only had my 2005 and 2006 ones but digging through some of my old files that where in storage I found my previous tax papers from back until 2002. So Im pretty sure I have enough to cover the affidavit without the stocks and insurance if its going to be more hassle to add them in too.

Also I didnt really understand question 11 that says:

11. That I intend(check one) do not intend(check one) to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3.

(If you check "intend," indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions. For example, if you intend to furnishroom and board, state for how long and, if money, state the amount in U.S. dollars and state whether it is to be given in a lumpsum, weekly or monthly, or for how long.

What does this mean exactly am I supposed to list exactly what Ill be paying for for my fiancee once hes here and exactly how much I intend to spend on him? If so does anyone mind answering on how they answered this? Cause of course Ill give him anything he needs within my power as long as we are married but Im not to sure how to put that into "exact nature".

Finally Im going to take this hopefully tommorrow and have it notarized what other things that I need to send to my fiancee either for the checklist or the interview needs to be a notarized document? Just the statement from the bank, and the I-134 or just the I-134?

Hello Catica,

On your first question, I believe that those fields are to be filled if you don't meet the poverty level guidelines and need more income/assets to meet them. (I didn't fill them.)

On question #11, I marked "do not intend" because I don't have an exact contribution to be made, I think that might be filled by the co sponsors (I could be wrong).

The only thing I had notarized was the I-134. I didn't notarize the bank or the employment letter.

Good luck!!

edi

Edited by Sol-de-Verano

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

on Question #11 on the I-134, there really isn't a right or wrong answer for a K-1 visa. that question pertains more to other forms of non-immigrant visas. I checked do intend and wrote all expenses as needed.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.