waveforms

FedEx the embassy interview docs and have FedEx hold for pick up

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I want to ship the interview documents (taxes, pay stubs , w2, divorce decree, birth certificate, etc) via FedEx to FedEx in Pasay and have them hold for pick up. They say they will hold for 5 days.

My fiancee will then fly into Manila for the medical exam and pick up the documents from FedEx.

Has anyone done this and can share their experience?

anybody use DHL or some other package delivery service this way?

Also, I know some hotels will accept and hold FedEx packages for guest who will be staying at the hotel. Has anyone shipped important documents to a Manila hotel?

Thanks,

BTW, this website has been super helpful!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

DHL is the gold standard in international shipping. Faster than Fed Ex. But if you have 5 days, Fed Ex is fast enough. DHL is more like 3 days.

Can your fiance get to the Fed Ex or DHL office? That is a more reliable place for a hold than the hotel is.

I've sent two FedEx cartons to FedEx ship locations in two different SM's.. No problems at all. Make sure you indicate 'Hold For Pickup' on the BOL and provide her CP# for contact.

It will probably be easier for you to find a FedEx drop point here in the US than DHL since they have limited presence depending on city size.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

>> Can your fiance get to the Fed Ex or DHL office? That is a more reliable place for a hold than the hotel is.

I think you are right. It is closer to their core business.

>> to FedEx ship locations in two different SM's.

I am having an early morning brain freeze and cannot guess the meaning of SM, is it Shopping Malls?

thanks

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

>> Can your fiance get to the Fed Ex or DHL office? That is a more reliable place for a hold than the hotel is.

I think you are right. It is closer to their core business.

>> to FedEx ship locations in two different SM's.

I am having an early morning brain freeze and cannot guess the meaning of SM, is it Shopping Malls?

thanks

SM is the name of a store - like Macy's

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.