mervin338

mailed I-485 a week ago, but forgot to include I-131

17 posts in this topic

An update, just to document my case which may be helpful to other members:

I wound up accidentally omitting some info that I was supposed to send in with the I-485, so they mailed everything back to me and said to provide my tax returns and banking data. I thought I'd included both, but I guess I didn't. Regardless, I was glad they returned my documents because it gave me the opportunity to resubmit the I-485 with the I-131 that's I'd previously neglected.

And for the record, you don't need to submit more than 2 passport photos with the I-485, I-765 and the I-131, provided you submit them all together. I sent in only 2 and they approved the application the 2nd time around, no problems. We did biometrics in December and 2 days ago she finally got her EAD card. I'm still waiting for the travel documents and the I-485 approval letter. According the the USCIS website, my case was approved about 10-12 days ago.

Take a look at the EAD and see if it is also the I-512 advance parole. Typically, when you app;ly for EAD and AP, they send a combo card which has both documents on it. I cannot remember if it is on the back or near the bottom, but it should state it acts as advance parole as well as employment authorization.

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Take a look at the EAD and see if it is also the I-512 advance parole. Typically, when you app;ly for EAD and AP, they send a combo card which has both documents on it. I cannot remember if it is on the back or near the bottom, but it should state it acts as advance parole as well as employment authorization.

Dave

Wow, thanks for mentioning that to me, I think it does say it. I had no idea they were part of the EAD. I'll look when I get home, but as I said, I seem to recall it says advance parole.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.