Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

preparing for my new life

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Good morning guys , first i must explain my situation in short .. i`m young man for american father and egyptian mother .. i lived in egypt with my family but in this year my father went to states and decided to bring our family to states to live there with him .. i`m IR-2 beneficiary , and i`m 19 years :)

I`m asked about the processing time for my petition and i know that i will can travel to newyork city after 1 year from now so i have question and i hope to find the answer here ..

Now i`m studing in faculty of commerce in egypt but i`m in english department so i study all my subjects with english but i`m till now in my first year in the college so i can`t complete my universtiy study in egypt and i want to complete it in Newyork so what can i do guys !?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina

You would need to contact a several potential colleges and see if they can transfer your educational credits (or points for completed classes) from your current school to their school.

Not all credits are transferable from local US schools never-mind international schools. Your best bet at this point is to contact several schools and see what will transfer and what additional classes you'll need to take.

My guess would be you can transfer about half your credits for your first year to a new school, but you'll need to meet the requirements for basic education (literature, math, science, etc).

Good Luck!

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines

The admissions department of the schools you are interested in can help you with transfer credits. They are going to ask for an official transcript. They will analyze it and decide what counts and what doesn't.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...