vijayr06

Interview Scheduling at HCM now( 10/25/2014)

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello, We have been benefitted immensly by info provided generously by the confributors who have contributed info in this forum and thank you all so much. My Fiancee received Informtion Packet on 10/24, and will be filling out DSP160 form Online soon. Next step, after paying the visa fee, for scheduling the interview, does she have to do it online or call the embassy number? What are the currrent available dates, that show in online for K1 interviews? - Thanks,

After filling out DS-160 online, your fiancee will print out the confirmation page which is the last page signed electrically. Next she will send that page with 2 visa photos and a copy of her passport to the embassy. And now she can create an account in http://www.ustraveldocs.com/vn_vn/vn-niv-visatypeinfo.asp, then she will print out the deposit slip and go to HSBC bank to pay for it. Remember bring her passport and DS-160 confirmation page along. 24 hours later, she will receive an email to inform that she can schedule the interview online. What she needs is log in her account, click continue and schedule.

I scheduled my interview on December 22 3 days ago. At that time, December 15,16,18,19,22,23,29,30 were available for interview, no date in November. Last night, I decided to reschedule to another day but it said "there is no available interview date".

My advice is she should keep checking the website because somebody might cancel and she will have a chance to take it.

Good luck to you guys!!!

Edited by My&Truong
My and Truong
:) :D :star: :dancing: (L)

Timeline

My-Truong.. Thanks so much.. After creating account, we selected 'Non Immigrant Visa', LOL! no K1 option, so selected- Immigrant Visa, radio button option, and voila, able to continue. ( K1 is gray area, I thought was classified as Non Immigrant, (with intent to migrate)). Will keep you guys posted on Interview dates soon.

Timeline

Hi My-Troung,

Diem called me this morning and told me she ran into a lot of trouble turning her DS-160, 2 photos, and copy of passport in the post office. The lady at the post office asked what she was sending, and Diem explained it was for K-1 Visa application. The lady said that all Diem needs to do is schedule an appointment and do health check up later.
This seems quite contradictory to the instructions the packet. Finally after visiting 3 post offices, the 3rd one didn't ask any questions and let her send the forms.
Did you guys run into any trouble submitting the DS-160, 2 photos, and copy of passport in the Post Office?

My consultant told me not to send package 3 (DS-160 confirmation, 2 visa photos and a copy of passport) to the embassy. I read some advice here and decided to send though. I wasn't asked anything in the post office. Have your fiancee scheduled the interview yet?

My and Truong

Timeline

Hi There,

I am having some trouble making the appointment. When I try to make an appointment, I get the following message:

Schedule Consular Appointment

Applicants for U.S. visas are required to appear in person for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Please schedule an appointment for an interview.

You have exceeded the limit for viewing this page and your limit will be reset as of tomorrow.

Did she wait until she got an email informing she could schedule the interview? After 24 hours or receiving that email, she is allowed to do.
Follow that bold line, she can schedule your interview tomorrow if there is any available dates.

Good luck to you guys and tell me about new updates :)

Edited by My&Truong
My and Truong

Hey!!!!

I checked the website just now. They are opening dates in January, no more December. Hurry up guys!!!!!

My and Truong

Timeline

Thanks guys, we did see that after checking again several times. SHe is now booked for Jan 5th. We are hoping some spots may open up if people cancel.

Hi all

My fiancee completed her ds-160 and paid visa fee.

NVC status shows "READY"

after the visa fee paid, we received email below:

Date: Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Subject: MRV Fee Receipt Activated

Receipt number has been activated and you can now schedule an appointment at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/vn

my question is, since we haven't receive the package 3 yet, it should be here within this week, can we still go ahead with the scheduling now?

Thanks and Regards,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I would go to the UStravel website and look at the available dates. Sometimes dates run out really fast like right now its Jan so I think 2 months is a good amount of time for the Pkt3 to arrive and gathering your documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.