tristanz

NVC Expedited I-130 CR-1, fees show up online?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Our expedite request for health reasons has been granted. I talked to the agent this morning and he has given me case number and IIN. Than he said that this case is now being sent to embassy. I asked if I should pay fees or fill any forms. All he was able to say was I can file Choice of agent and he is not sure about the rest.

I checked on https://ceac.state.gov/ and it was showing choice of agent along with IV and AOS fees. I filed choice of agent but I am not sure if I should proceed with paying the fees as from my search it looks like all the fees will be paid at embassy once expedite is granted?

Any ideas?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

What country?

6/24/2014 - I-130 Shipped via UPS to Chicago

6/26/2014 - I-130 Received and signed for at USCIS

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

7/30/2014 - I-130 Approved at USCIS - NoA 2 E-mail

08/13/2014 - NVC Received Approved I-130 package from USCIS

08/21/2014 - Case Number and IIN created at NVC

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

8/26/2014 - AoS Fee invoiced and paid online.

8/28/2014 - AoS Invoice status PAID

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/10/2014 - Expedite Request e-mail received as "Under Review"

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Embassy Received Case from NVC

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

9/23/2014 - Medical Exam at Regina Maria - Results OK

10/01/2014 - Visa Approved!

10/03/2014 - Received Passport with Visa!

11/2/2104 - PoE Atlanta - Welcome to the US!

11/5/2014 - Paid $165 ELIS Fee

8/1/2016 - I-751 Packet sent in for Removal of Conditions!

8/15/2016 - Notice of Action 1 for I-751 - California Service Center

9/29/2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment

Hello,

How long did it take to get a response with approval for the Expedite request?

I sent a request and last Thursday I got an email saying that my expedite request is under review. Mine is for the Dominican Republic.

Thanks in advance for your response.

DB

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi There,

I don't know the stage in your process when your expedite was approved but I also expedited when my case was at the NVC. I had already made all the payments and submitted all the documents but received several errors and was in the middle of correction when the expedite was approved. I was told once it's approved, everything is forwarded to the Embassy. NVC is unable to do anything at that point. Once I received an email from the embassy, they requested I complete the online process which was already completed at the NVC stage....it was horrible, I couldn't find anyone to explain how I can complete somthing that was already completed and can't be re-done. So, I'm thinking you will be receiving the email from the embassy with a request to complete the payments and will need to bring and maybe submit all the documents directly to the embassy. I don't know where is your embassy but that was my experience. Good Luck.

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

Embassy is in Turkey, it took 8 days and I discovered it was approved this morning when I called to get case number. I didn't receive anything in the mail or e-mail yet regarding approval.

@lonely I will stay away from doing anything until I receive instructions then, perhaps I shouldn't even have completed the choice of agent. Thank you for the warning, it was tempting to pay online and be done with it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Check your email...I received everything via email from the embassy.

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Tristanz - what medical reason did you give to get it expedited, what did you do if you don't telling me!- it will really help me.

My wife is in bangkok and we are still till today waiting for our case number to assigned.

Its really important for her to be in Los Angeles by January, my mom is severely ill and i wanted her to see my wife again before anything.

Please get back to me!!

Thanks

Tristanz - what medical reason did you give to get it expedited, what did you do if you don't telling me!- it will really help me.

My wife is in bangkok and we are still till today waiting for our case number to assigned.

Its really important for her to be in Los Angeles by January, my mom is severely ill and i wanted her to see my wife again before anything.

Please get back to me!!

Thanks

Embassy is not strict about expedite requests, USCIS is really strict about it for a good reason. I am sure if you explain your situation and send an e-mail to nvcexpedite@state.gov depending on their work load they will consider your request. But this is only after you get your case number. I have also sent an e-mail to nvcresearch@state.gov after confirming that USCIS has mailed the documents when nvcexpedite replied back saying they cannot do anything without case number. I specifically mentioned in that e-mail that I am trying to expedite hence the inquiry.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.