waveforms

Please share your tips for beneficiary with child

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee is flying from her province to Manila with her three year old to get a rush passport. This is a little worrisome for her (and expensive for me ) so I am asking the forum for tips for future steps in the K1 process.

Question 1. Is the child automatically part of the visa process? I included her child's name in the I-129f but the I-797, NOA2 lists only my fiancee as the beneficiary. Is there something we should do to make sure the child is included?

Question 2. Can the child accompany my fiancee when she gets her medical? Who looks after the child when my fiancee is getting her medical done?

Question 3. I would like to schedule these two tests and the interview all at the same time. What is the recommended time frame for these tests? Begin with child 10 days before interview, then proceed to my fiancee medical asap? Should I budget for about 2 weeks hotel time in Manila for the medical and interviews?

Any other tips from beneficiaries that have gone through this process with children is appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee is flying from her province to Manila with her three year old to get a rush passport. This is a little worrisome for her (and expensive for me ) so I am asking the forum for tips for future steps in the K1 process.

Question 1. Is the child automatically part of the visa process? I included her child's name in the I-129f but the I-797, NOA2 lists only my fiancee as the beneficiary. Is there something we should do to make sure the child is included?

Question 2. Can the child accompany my fiancee when she gets her medical? Who looks after the child when my fiancee is getting her medical done?

Question 3. I would like to schedule these two tests and the interview all at the same time. What is the recommended time frame for these tests? Begin with child 10 days before interview, then proceed to my fiancee medical asap? Should I budget for about 2 weeks hotel time in Manila for the medical and interviews?

Any other tips from beneficiaries that have gone through this process with children is appreciated.

1) if you listed the child on the I-129F then the child will be included for a visa.

2) they both have to get medicals. Someone can accompany them to care for the child during the medical.

3) What tests?

Two visa fees need to be paid, separately with individual deposit slips. Two appointments need to be scheduled, when scheduling online the process will ask if you want to schedule another once your fiancee schedules hers, she will then schedule the child for the same date/time.

Medicals should be completed at least a week before the interview.

For details on the process follow the flashing arrow below, then click the link.

Of course passports are required to complete any of this.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

>>1) if you listed the child on the I-129F then the child will be included for a visa.

thats good news.

>>3) What tests?

You guessed it, I meant the medical exams.

>>she will then schedule the child for the same date/time.

also good news!

>>Someone can accompany them to care for the child during the medical.

Maybe I can hire someone to look after the child. I am not sure I can fly out there.

>>Medicals should be completed at least a week before the interview.

I have been reading your linked site it is very helpful. One thing I am trying to calculate is the different amounts of time I need to account for and what is the most cost effective way to provide a roof for my fiancee and her child. Much of the variability is in the medical exams. It seems to me that there are four likely outcomes.

Case 1. No problem with the x-ray, no need for sputum tests. (Requires about 10 days of hotel time for 2 medical exams then interview)

Case 2. the doctors see something on the x-ray so they require a three day sputum test. This takes at least 4 days and probably more like a week? but 3-day sputum smear is negative and by the end of week we are cleared to interview. (Requires about 14 days of hotel time in Manila)

Case 3. doctors require sputum tests and then 8 week culture. (Requires 1 week hotel time then go back home to province and return in 8 weeks)

Case 4. doctors require sputum test and it is positive. 6 months treatment is ordered. (Requires 6 months in Manila, better get an apartment. Is treatment accepted if it is conducted in other provinces?)

This may seem like I am overthinking things, lol but she has nowhere to stay in Manila.

Forum members, any feedback on these estimates is very much appreciated.

Timeline

>>1) if you listed the child on the I-129F then the child will be included for a visa.

thats good news.

>>3) What tests?

You guessed it, I meant the medical exams.

>>she will then schedule the child for the same date/time.

also good news!

>>Someone can accompany them to care for the child during the medical.

Maybe I can hire someone to look after the child. I am not sure I can fly out there.

>>Medicals should be completed at least a week before the interview.

I have been reading your linked site it is very helpful. One thing I am trying to calculate is the different amounts of time I need to account for and what is the most cost effective way to provide a roof for my fiancee and her child. Much of the variability is in the medical exams. It seems to me that there are four likely outcomes.

Case 1. No problem with the x-ray, no need for sputum tests. (Requires about 10 days of hotel time for 2 medical exams then interview)

Case 2. the doctors see something on the x-ray so they require a three day sputum test. This takes at least 4 days and probably more like a week? but 3-day sputum smear is negative and by the end of week we are cleared to interview. (Requires about 14 days of hotel time in Manila)

Case 3. doctors require sputum tests and then 8 week culture. (Requires 1 week hotel time then go back home to province and return in 8 weeks)

Case 4. doctors require sputum test and it is positive. 6 months treatment is ordered. (Requires 6 months in Manila, better get an apartment. Is treatment accepted if it is conducted in other provinces?)

This may seem like I am overthinking things, lol but she has nowhere to stay in Manila.

Forum members, any feedback on these estimates is very much appreciated.

Case 2 & 3 are the same = 60 days after collecting the culture (#2 is the collecting). If culture is positive before the end of the 60 days, SLEC will contact you.

Case 3: DOT is done ONLY at St. Luke's for the 6 months.

Yes the TB treatment can cause a strain on things, but no choice treatment must be done at SLEC so you need to find an apartment.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

OK, let me rewrite this to be sure I understand and for future reference.

There is three likely cases:

Case 2. the doctors see something on the x-ray so they require a three day sputum test. The 3-day sputum smear is negative (Requires about 1 week of hotel time in Manila) but you still have to wait for results from 8 week culture. ( go back home to province and return later)

Case 3. doctors require sputum test and it is positive on the smear (you will know in 1 week) or in the culture (you will know by 8 weeks maybe earlier). Doctors order 6 months treatment in Manila that cannot start until after 8 week culture is complete. ( better get an apartment)

Timeline

OK, let me rewrite this to be sure I understand and for future reference.

There is three likely cases:

Case 2. the doctors see something on the x-ray so they require a three day sputum test. The 3-day sputum smear is negative (Requires about 1 week of hotel time in Manila) but you still have to wait for results from 8 week culture. ( go back home to province and return later)

Case 3. doctors require sputum test and it is positive on the smear (you will know in 1 week) or in the culture (you will know by 8 weeks maybe earlier). Doctors order 6 months treatment in Manila that cannot start until after 8 week culture is complete. ( better get an apartment)

Case 2 & 3 are one in the same or sort of like right shoe, left shoe, at any time after the culture is collected if it shows positive then the 6 month DOT will be scheduled, don't have to wait until the 60 days has passed IF the culture is positive before that.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.