kevn04

I-29F Birth in the U.S.

3 posts in this topic

ok this may be a question no one has had before, yes I was born in the united states. but I was born at home and my parents did no get me a birth certificate when I was born so when I was old enough to start looking for a job I needed to have a social security # and to get that I needed a birth certificate. So, I now have a ss number, and I had to apply for a delayed birth registration. so my question to you is, I know I check the box that says born in the united states, but now, for 13.d. (Have you obtain a certificate of naturalization or a certificate of Citizenship in your name?) do I need to say yes to that because I applied for a delayed birth registration?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You needed the delayed birth registration to get an SSN. So, you now have a US birth record/certificate, yes? You would not have applied for a naturalization/citizenship certificate because you were born in the US. You need a copy of your US Certificate of Delayed Birth or all pages of a US passport to prove your US citizenship.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

You needed the delayed birth registration to get an SSN. So, you now have a US birth record/certificate, yes? You would not have applied for a naturalization/citizenship certificate because you were born in the US. You need a copy of your US Certificate of Delayed Birth or all pages of a US passport to prove your US citizenship.

oh thanks, it is kind of what I was thinking but I just wanted to make sure :) yes on the certificate it says "DELAYED BIRTH REGISTRATION"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.