Janelle2002

Gov't to allow some Haitians to immigrate faster

18 posts in this topic

WASHINGTON (AP) — Thousands of Haitian immigrants approved to move to the United States to join relatives already living here will soon be able to immigrate before a visa is available, the Obama administration announced Friday.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Homeland Security Department agency that oversees immigration benefits cases, said the Haitian Family Reunification Parole Program will allow Haitians who are scheduled to receive a visa within two years to move to the U.S. While they are waiting for their visas, the immigrants will be granted a work permit, USCIS said.

A limited number of family immigrant visas are issued yearly, and in some cases approved would-be immigrants from Haiti can wait more than a decade for a visa to become available.

Starting in early 2015 the State Department's National Visa Center will notify Haitians already living in the United States that their relatives may be eligible to come to the U.S. sooner. USCIS said only those people contacted by the government will be eligible for the program.

It is unclear how many immigrants may benefit from the program initially. There are about 100,000 Haitians already approved to come to the U.S. awaiting a visa.

http://news.yahoo.com/agency-allowing-haitians-emigrate-faster-170218003--politics.html

I just need to send my husband to Haiti, let him change to a Haitian citizen, then he can come to the U.S. A lot quicker than the route we are going now.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

He is just getting a head start on the butt-smooching for the 2016 election's minority vote since he has pizzed the Hispanics off! I hate it for you Janelle I have seen how long you have already waited trying to do things the normal way.

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

He is just getting a head start on the butt-smooching for the 2016 election's minority vote since he has pizzed the Hispanics off! I hate it for you Janelle I have seen how long you have already waited trying to do things the normal way.

Awwwwww. Thank you Robby999. I am losing my mind. Not that I had much. lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When the administration stands up and writes a check to speed one group along, it usually is cashed by another group suffering a longer delay by another group. Instead if we want to do something extra..congress should just fund it with the right resources.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Someone needs to take that checkbook from him then, give him a debit card, and force him to follow immigration policies, regardless if it reflects very well on him and his party!

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

i'm sure everyone is going to freak out over this question but, does this have anything to do with the earthquake? children going to adoptive families?

Filed: Timeline

i'm sure everyone is going to freak out over this question but, does this have anything to do with the earthquake? children going to adoptive families?

Please do not interrupt the outrage. Even the better than 3/4 Republican majority Florida House of Representatives and the equally Republican Florida Senate - both certainly no fans of 0'bola - have called on the administration to create this Haitian Family Reunification Parole program. But again, let us not interrupt the outrage over it here.

I just need to send my husband to Haiti, let him change to a Haitian citizen, then he can come to the U.S. A lot quicker than the route we are going now.

Isn't your husband Asian? I think that's close enough for him to be qualified for this.

I think so. I remember the steps for adopting Haitian kids went on rapid post earthquake. It could be that Haiti's fragile economy has not returned to pre-earthquake status hence the increase in speed with reunification.

I'm not going to freak out.

On another note, maybe I should adopt too since it appears my husband and I can never be together long enough to have a child. 2 and a half weeks isn't cutting it. I have yet to become impregnated. I can't move to him and he can't move here either. I've always wanted a little boy.

Isn't your husband Asian? I think that's close enough for him to be qualified for this.

I think so. I remember the steps for adopting Haitian kids went on rapid post earthquake. It could be that Haiti's fragile economy has not returned to pre-earthquake status hence the increase in speed with reunification.

Hahahaha I sure wish we could try.

I'm not going to freak out.

On another note, maybe I should adopt too since it appears my husband and I can never be together long enough to have a child. 2 and a half weeks isn't cutting it. I have yet to become impregnated. I can't move to him and he can't move here either. I've always wanted a little boy.

i'm sorry janelle. really truly sorry. whatever the scenario, there's no excuse for this sort of suffering. over paperwork and politics.

Any proof? Or pure speculation...

500,000 DACA folks went straight to the front.

A part from those is in the same boat as other K1 and spousal visa applicants,you have immigrants who are waiting to leave Haiti via F1-F4 visas that can take from 2-12 years to be obtained which would put them ahead of the likes of you if you're a K1/spousal applicant.

ETA: Not insulting you with the last bit.

Edited by aaydrian