Ronn63

I130 question(s)

24 posts in this topic

USCIS customer service is about as helpful as a brick. Your case has been in initial review for 8 months, which is 3 months over normal processing time, according to their timeline. Therefore, you need to put in a request with your congressperson or senator. That's pretty much your best option at this point.

Good morning Ian
Today i called uscis again they told me if i got the letter saying that is noting new in the case they can not do anyrhing.
She said too that only depend of the officer working in te caSe and yes is still in initial review since feb 4 2014

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone!

My mother is an American Citizen and has applied for I-130 back in May 2009 (I am unmarried over 21 -F2-b) this month we got an email of approval of the petition from USCIS.

I have read in other forums that I must wait for further instructions.

My questions are the following:

About the waiting time for the next step "NVC" is it related to the cut-off dates from the Visa Buletins?

What steps to do next?

I am a legal resident living and working in Amsterdam-Netherlands at the moment, how to coordinate the interview in the Amsterdam- consulate? I am afraid my info will send the info to the Consulate of my country of birth.

Any other advice is welcome!

Thank you in advance.

Warm Regards..

Hi everyone!

My mother is an American Citizen and has applied for I-130 back in May 2009 (I am unmarried over 21 -F2-b) this month we got an email of approval of the petition from USCIS.

I have read in other forums that I must wait for further instructions.

My questions are the following:

About the waiting time for the next step "NVC" is it related to the cut-off dates from the Visa Buletins? Yes.

What steps to do next? The NVC will contact your mother when your PD is current, or close to current, so you can proceed with NVC processing.

I am a legal resident living and working in Amsterdam-Netherlands at the moment, how to coordinate the interview in the Amsterdam- consulate? I am afraid my info will send the info to the Consulate of my country of birth. When your case is at the NVC, you want to inform them that you live in Amsterdam, so that you can be interviewed there.

Any other advice is welcome!

Thank you in advance.

Warm Regards..

Edited by Ian H.

Hello all,

I need a clarification here, My sister is a US Citizen she is going to apply I-130 for my father and me, I am married with no child. Can anyone please tell me do i have to provide my MARRIAGEarrow-10x10.png certificate too?

From USCIS WEBSITEarrow-10x10.png what i understand is the U.S. citizen petitioner (i.e. the sponsor) must submit following documents:

• A completed Form I-130. (Note: You do not need to file a separate Form I-130 for your sibling’s spouse or unmarried children under 21 years of age.)
  • A copy of your birth certificate and a copy of your sibling's birth certificate showing that you have at least one common parent.
  • Evidence that you are a U.S. citizen, such as:
    • A copy of your valid U.S. passport, OR
    • A copy of your naturalization certificate, OR
    • A copy of your certificate of citizenship

Thats it!

Should my sister have to attach my MARRIAGEarrow-10x10.png certificate too??

Please an IMMEDIATE HELParrow-10x10.png is needed, since she is going to file next week.

Thanks in advance.

She doesn't need your marriage cert. Just make sure the name of your spouse is on the petition she will file for you. When the time comes for you to apply for a visa, they will ask for your marriage cert. For now all that is needed is to prove the relationship between you and your sister. Please keep in mind that your father would be able to immigrate in a year or so, but you as a sibling of USC are looking at a 12+ year wait.

Please an IMMEDIATE HELParrow-10x10.png is needed, since she is going to file next week.

Thanks in advance.

She doesn't need your marriage cert. Just make sure the name of your spouse is on the petition she will file for you. When the time comes for you to apply for a visa, they will ask for your marriage cert. For now all that is needed is to prove the relationship between you and your sister. Please keep in mind that your father would be able to immigrate in a year or so, but you as a sibling of USC are looking at a 12+ year wait.

yeah i know its a 10 years wait, But thanks for the detailed reply :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.