PATOS

Calling all Canucks or Aliens on work Visa to CAN. Help please?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all. This pertains to obtaining my fiancee's K-1. I need to know if there is a way to speed up the process to obtain a work permit for an immigrant on a work visa in Canada? We are told it takes 68 days, that sucks.

Breif background... my fiancee has\had a valid work permit when she moved to Canada in Jan, however she changed jobs about 3 weeks after arriving. She had to turn in her 1st permit when she applied for the 2nd work permit but they say it takes 68 days.

Ok, Vancouver won't accept the case from Manila until they see a copy of her valid work permit for CAN. See our problem? It's going to tack on about a 4 month delay when we could have been close to getting her the k-1 visa from the consulate if it werent for a copy of the work permit.

Can I pay an agency for rapid processing? Is the avg time to get a work permit really 68 days? Anything we can do at all to speed it up?

Thanks for the advice. :thumbs:

Oct. 22, 2005 >> Mailed I-129F to TSC

Nov. 4, 2005 >> I-129F forwarded from TSC to CSC

Nov. 10, 2005 >> NOA1 Received from Laguna Niguel, CA Office

Feb. 2, 2006 >> NOA2 Approval Received via Email

Feb. 6, 2006 >> NOA2 Approval Received (Paper Copy) USPS

Feb. 13, 2006 >> File arrived at NVC

Feb. 14, 2006 >> Faxed NVC to request change of Embassy for my fiancee as she moved from the Philippines to Canada Jan 20 2006

Feb. 15, 2006 >> NVC had me fax a 2nd request for Req of Change of Embassy.

Feb. 16, 2006 >> Called to ck on 2nd fax request, too late, file sent to US Embassy in Manila.

Feb. 21, 2006 >> Called US Embassy in Manila to ask for Req for change of Embassy to Vancouver. The representative said it shows the request already made. (Evidently from the NVC or Vancouver)

April 3, 2006 >> Received call from Vancouver US Consulate informing me that my fiancee needed to fax them a copy of her Canadian work permit, our case #, current address and phone #. Fiancee faxed requested documents that same day.

April 20, 2006 >> Packet 3 rec'd from Vancouver US Consulate.

April 24, 2006 >> Fiance' faxed DS-230 to Vancouver US Consulate

April 24, 2006 >> I scheduled medical examination for my fiance' for May 1, 2006 $220 Canadian.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi all. This pertains to obtaining my fiancee's K-1. I need to know if there is a way to speed up the process to obtain a work permit for an immigrant on a work visa in Canada? We are told it takes 68 days, that sucks.

Breif background... my fiancee has\had a valid work permit when she moved to Canada in Jan, however she changed jobs about 3 weeks after arriving. She had to turn in her 1st permit when she applied for the 2nd work permit but they say it takes 68 days.

Ok, Vancouver won't accept the case from Manila until they see a copy of her valid work permit for CAN. See our problem? It's going to tack on about a 4 month delay when we could have been close to getting her the k-1 visa from the consulate if it werent for a copy of the work permit.

Can I pay an agency for rapid processing? Is the avg time to get a work permit really 68 days? Anything we can do at all to speed it up?

Nope... she'll have to go through the labor certification all over again... I'm afraid that there's nothing to be able to speed it up...

If you want more information, you could post this question to the Canadian Immigration forum on British Expats.

www.britishexpats.com

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nope... she'll have to go through the labor certification all over again... I'm afraid that there's nothing to be able to speed it up...

If you want more information, you could post this question to the Canadian Immigration forum on British Expats.

www.britishexpats.com

Thanks Zyggy. That's kinda what I knew already but hoped there was some faster way. What if I could obtain a copy of the 1st work permit & send it in and not mention she is in the process of chaning jobs? The consulate just wants to see a valid work permit to accept the file. I don't know that they will call the labor board and the copy will suffice? They are just concerned that she's in the country on a valid work permit right?

Oct. 22, 2005 >> Mailed I-129F to TSC

Nov. 4, 2005 >> I-129F forwarded from TSC to CSC

Nov. 10, 2005 >> NOA1 Received from Laguna Niguel, CA Office

Feb. 2, 2006 >> NOA2 Approval Received via Email

Feb. 6, 2006 >> NOA2 Approval Received (Paper Copy) USPS

Feb. 13, 2006 >> File arrived at NVC

Feb. 14, 2006 >> Faxed NVC to request change of Embassy for my fiancee as she moved from the Philippines to Canada Jan 20 2006

Feb. 15, 2006 >> NVC had me fax a 2nd request for Req of Change of Embassy.

Feb. 16, 2006 >> Called to ck on 2nd fax request, too late, file sent to US Embassy in Manila.

Feb. 21, 2006 >> Called US Embassy in Manila to ask for Req for change of Embassy to Vancouver. The representative said it shows the request already made. (Evidently from the NVC or Vancouver)

April 3, 2006 >> Received call from Vancouver US Consulate informing me that my fiancee needed to fax them a copy of her Canadian work permit, our case #, current address and phone #. Fiancee faxed requested documents that same day.

April 20, 2006 >> Packet 3 rec'd from Vancouver US Consulate.

April 24, 2006 >> Fiance' faxed DS-230 to Vancouver US Consulate

April 24, 2006 >> I scheduled medical examination for my fiance' for May 1, 2006 $220 Canadian.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

www.britishexpats.com

Thanks Zyggy. That's kinda what I knew already but hoped there was some faster way. What if I could obtain a copy of the 1st work permit & send it in and not mention she is in the process of chaning jobs? The consulate just wants to see a valid work permit to accept the file. I don't know that they will call the labor board and the copy will suffice? They are just concerned that she's in the country on a valid work permit right?

They just want to make sure that she has legal status in Canada. I would send in what you have... I doubt they would contact anyone if it's still a valid permit...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.