waveforms

I-134 advice needed regarding tax transcript

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am reviewing the documents I need for I-134. In the I-134 instructions I see it only asks for tax returns if you are self employed. However many related answers on visajourney mention that they included the tax information without mentioning if they are self employed.

I kinda get the feeling that everyone is including tax returns.

Should I send my tax returns along with my I-134 if I was an employee? HR block electronically filed my taxes the last two years so my tax forms actually say "Do not file" all over them.

Also, I am trying to get my tax transcripts but the website is giving an error message today due to system maintenance.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Hopefully this is just temporary. Is it better to send the tax transcript or the HR block tax paperwork?

thanks in advance.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am reviewing the documents I need for I-134. In the I-134 instructions I see it only asks for tax returns if you are self employed. However many related answers on visajourney mention that they included the tax information without mentioning if they are self employed.

I kinda get the feeling that everyone is including tax returns.

Should I send my tax returns along with my I-134 if I was an employee? HR block electronically filed my taxes the last two years so my tax forms actually say "Do not file" all over them.

Also, I am trying to get my tax transcripts but the website is giving an error message today due to system maintenance.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Hopefully this is just temporary. Is it better to send the tax transcript or the HR block tax paperwork?

thanks in advance.

Many have used tax transcripts without issue.

The requirements with the I-134 for the visa application are in the embassy instructions letter. Don't go by what is wrote on the I-134 too closely.

k. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge
or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form
with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be
financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income
tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank
statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Download Form I-134 at

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_updated%2010%20SEP%202014_.pdf

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

thanks Hank_

I haven't received instructions from the embassy yet. But I will get the best copy of last years tax form from H&R block that I can get.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks Hank_

I haven't received instructions from the embassy yet. But I will get the best copy of last years tax form from H&R block that I can get.

You don't need to wait for anything from the embassy (most never receive any letters from USEM). Do you have your MNL # from NVC?

Follow the flashing arrow below, click the link ... everything you need to know to complete the K-1 visa process is there.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

>>Do you have your MNL # from NVC

Sadly no. I just waited on hold for an hour and found out that they do not have it yet. NOA2 notice date oct 2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.