Jump to content

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

Hi Board,

i just paid my IV fee for my mother (IR 5) and in process of sending the IV documents. I'm going to send the following documents:

Bar Coded Cover Sheet

Original Beneficiary's Marriage Certificate

Original Beneficiary's Birth Certificate

Original Beneficiary's Police Certificate

Copy of Beneficiary's Passport

Two Passport Style Photographs of Beneficiary

Am I missing anything?

Thanks Board.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany

A copy of the beneficiary's biographic page of the passport is sufficient. You don't need to copy the entire passport. The rest is fine.

However, since you are filing for an IR-5, you also need to include the following:

"If you are applying for an IR5 (Parent of a U.S. Citizen) visa, you are required to provide:

  1. Original or certified copy of your Petitioner’s birth certificate
  2. Original or certified copy of your Petitioner’s marriage certificate from the Petitioner’s current and all previous marriages"

See Petitioner Documents on here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/documents-to-submit-to-nvc.html

Edited by StrawberryKiss



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany

No, you need the original or certified copy of your previous marriage certificate as stated on the website. A marriage license does not guarantee that someone actually got married in the end, just that they were legally free and allowed to get married.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...