Karee

Wendy Davis ad uses wheelchair to criticize paralyzed foe Abbott

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I suspect Abbott will win, with Texas being a Republican state and the bad taste Obama has left in the mouth of Texans.

What I find strange that Abbott is using his Mother in Law being a Mexican has a hook for Mexican votes, and then using his wheelchair in most of his ad to get the sympathy vote.

I just hope who ever wins will be able to fill the shoes of Bush and Perry, both have been outstand Governors in Texas...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just hope who ever wins will be able to fill the shoes of Bush and Perry, both have been outstand Governors in Texas...

:rofl:

If anything, Bush and Perry have reinforced the thinking that smaller govt. is better. Texas has done great economically in the past 20 years despite the fact that it's been run by a couple of morons. The role of Governor in Texas is largely ceremonial.

The Lt. Governor Dewhurst has the real political power. Sets the legislative agenda, budget, etc. That said, the lieutenant governor himself got caught on tape (obviously drunk) trying to use his influence to get a distant family member out of trouble with the cops.

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Timeline

What I find strange that Abbott is using his Mother in Law being a Mexican has a hook for Mexican votes, and then using his wheelchair in most of his ad to get the sympathy vote.

That's just politics: kissing babies and attending rubber-chicken dinners. And how's that any different than Barry presenting himself as being "down fo da shtruggle" when he attended private schools and Ivy league Universities? :rolleyes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's just politics: kissing babies and attending rubber-chicken dinners. And how's that any different than Barry presenting himself as being "down fo da shtruggle" when he attended private schools and Ivy league Universities? :rolleyes:

Barry who?

Filed: Other Timeline

Pathetic ad from left wing radicals who would like nothing more than to send those who disagree to concentration camps. Radical people who are unable and unwilling to accept a world where people do not agree with their point of view.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's kinda hard for him to be in the ad without the wheelchair.

"Barry Soetero" was the name O'bama went by when he was not yet a "finished product". :rofl:

Hello there, birther! I thought they were extinct by now as even those that are the slowest on the uptake have realized that they were played. But I see that I was wrong. We still have a few of the species out there, yes? Some folks apparently have no uptake whatsoever.

Claim: A 1981 Columbia University student ID card identifies Barack Obama as a foreign student named Barry Soetoro.

An e-mail is now being circulated which shows a picture of Obama's Columbia ID card, with his picture and the name Barry Soetoro, and at the bottom is printed FOREIGN STUDENT.

ANY RESEARCH ON THIS? Could this be the reason his "classmates" don't remember him, or why his records can't be found? Perhaps he was not even "Barack Obama" at the time!

studentid2.jpg

Origins: Numerous rumors have been circulated over the years claiming that Barack Obama attended college in the United States as a foreign student and/or under the name Barry Soetoro (the latter reflecting the surname of his Indonesian stepfather), evidence which would supposedly demonstrate that at some point in his life Barack Obama was not a U.S. citizen and is therefore ineligible to hold the office of President of the United States. The image displayed here of a purported 1981 Columbia University student ID card identifying Barack Obama as a "foreign student" named "Barry Soetoro" is yet another entry in this vein.

However, the ID card pictured above is not a real Columbia University student ID issued to Barack Obama (under any name) in 1981; it's simply an altered version of a Columbia University ID card issued to another student in 1998:

studentid1.jpg

Aditionally, the pictured card couldn't possibly have have been a Columbia University student ID issued to Barack Obama in 1981, as the digital ID card format it uses wasn't introduced at Columbia until 1996.

Finally, the pictured ID card is obviously a forgery, as the photograph it bears is not a picture of a 20-year-old Barack Obama from 1981; it's a picture taken several years later, during or shortly after Barack Obama's time at Harvard Law School (1988-1991).

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/studentid.asp#wQViDIwgbpxrRpqF.99

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

If English were my first language I'd say popular belief has it that one is born every minute... :rofl::rofl::rofl: ... and the blogs depend on them!

Hello there, birther! I thought they were extinct by now as even those that are the slowest on the uptake have realized that they were played. But I see that I was wrong. We still have a few of the species out there, yes? Some folks apparently have no uptake whatsoever.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

:huh: is this in the right thread?

7yqZWFL.jpg