KrysEve

fiance with relatives in US-how to handle at interview

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello all...

My fiance has his interview in cuba next month. His father is currently in the United states and will become a lawful permanent resident next month. He is currently here via wet foot dry foot policy. Has anyone had an intreview where their fiance has relatives in US and was questioned about this during interview. I am trying to get a feel for what I can expect as I know in his case it is more than likely a certainty it will come up.

Thanks a bunch..

Oh also, has anyone actally be asked at tv r interview to present the carta de cita at the intereview that supposedly comes in packet 3. I ask because my fiancé went to pick it up at the interset section and was told they had nothing for him to pick up, and I think it is due in part to recent changes where the interest section is no longer dealing over the phone or schedulI NH fiance interviews as they have a new online system and fLorida based contact phone number.

K1 petition NOA1-1/27/14

Alien # changed-2/3/14

Request for expedite-5/19/14

2nd expedite request-6/2/14

Expedite denied - 6/3/14

Request for evidence- 8/5/14

NOA2- 8/15/14

Shipped to NVC-8/19/14

NVC Departure: 9/4/14

Received in havana:9/11/14 (confirmed via DHL tracking).

CEAC Ready: 9/15/14

Interview: 11/10/14---> APPROVED

CEAC Issued: 11/14/14

VISA Received: 11/17/14

USA Entry: 12/6/14

Married: 2/27/15

AOS petition w/ i-131 and i-765

USPS delivery: 3/6/15

NOA1 email notification (x3) : 3/10/15

NOA1-hard copies: 3/14/15

Service Request: 4/6/15

E-mail response: 4/27/15 (biometric letter returned as undeliverable)

Harcopy response: 5/1/15 (showing biometric appointment had been scheduled for 3/30)

Biometrics (successful walk in): 5/4/15

EAD/AP approval: 5/18/15

EAD/AP card mailed: 5/22/15

EAD/AP card in hand 5/26/15

Interview waiver letter:6/18/15

RFE: 11/5/15

RFE received by USCIS office:12/2/15

Card in production:12/7/15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.