TS2014

Between NOA1 and NOA2

7 posts in this topic

Just filed the I129f last month. NOA1 September 29th. I know it will be a 5+ month wait to get the NOA2 (if there's no RFE) but I'm looking at the supporting evidence for the affidavit of support. Should that be gathered closer to or after I have the NOA2. Would having the letters from the bank this early (I like in a cold weather area and would like to gather the info before January) be an issue. Would it still be valid this far in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I, personally, waited until receiving our NOA2 then began collecting the documents. Otherwise, they may ask for updated ones and you would have to redo them anyway. In the meantime, you can review what you need and how to go about getting them so when the time comes you'll be ahead of the game. Best of Luck!

I did just the opposite, while there is nothing wrong with waiting, I could not wait it drove me crazy. I saw where a few people had got ultra fast turn around's, I mean like two weeks. I said well if I am one of those I want to be ready. we were not, we were the average CSC of two months, which we are grateful. and we really do feel for the TSC and VSC filers. they have it rough, watching us zoom past them and whine about 2 month processing times.

So I immediately printed out last years tax forms, I did a spreadsheet to summarize my bank accounts to put in front of them. Got letters from each place and went back and got a new one once a month. Where I work I can go on a secure website and print out proof of employment. I did that weekly and went online and did a print screen of my bank accounts, printed out my pay stub every two weeks. Typed up my letter of continued support of the K1 visa process and updated the date it weekly and tweaked the wording a few times. Did my I-134 form and updated it weekly with date and bi-weekly with financials. Made two copies of my birth certificate.

I also put together a new cover sheet showing a breakdown of each section and what was in it, tabbed each section and did a mini cover sheet of what would be in each section and put my stuff in the order as on the cover sheet and my fiancée do the same with her info.

We got our NOA2 on 3 Oct. on 6 Oct. I updated everything, on 7 Oct I double checked everything and FedEx told me $95.00 to ship my envelope of two original sets to my fiancee in Israel, I said no thanks and shipped it priority USPS on 8 Oct. for $25.00, she will have it in plenty of time and if things drag out I will update everything and send it again in two - four weeks.

when we hit the eight week mark I started getting a feeling the NOA2 was coming, the night before its issuance I had done the DS-10 for my fiancée. she went in the next day and removed the dummy filler I had put in, in some spots and we both have reviewed twice an found minor errors. you can do the ds-160 early, but make sure you do not submit just save, and go in every few weeks and hit the save button this will push out the date in which the system will save it for another 30 days. once you have the new case number it is done and ready to go.

There is no exact right way, I just could not sleep nights knowing there was something I could be doing to prepare for the next step. It is part of my personality.

yes my posts can be kind of lengthy : (

there is no right way to wait, I just found staying busy getting my life and home ready for a wife has kept me busy and some what sane. : ) Along with having as much as I could ahead of time.

Once again, I just wanted to ready when the time came.

best to ya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.