roxanne23

Anything else missing before departure

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ members,

I want to first thank you for all the help throughout this whole process. My fiance has finally received his visa packet. I am planning to purchase a flight in a few days. I was wondering if there is anything else missing. He has finished his medical, finished interview with USEM and has received his visa packet (the brown envelope with his passport containing his visa). He has already taken the CFO class and will be getting the sticker on Tuesday (since he already has the certificate). Is there anything else I'm missing?

I am choosing the MNL--> Guam-->Honolulu--> Houston route. Guam will be the point of entry correct? any advice on the POE? Also during that time what does he show to the consular just the visa envelope and his passport? anything else that he should bring?

Thank you so much once again!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guam will be his POE they will take the DO NOT OPEN envelope there. Honolulu will be customs, he will collect his bags, clear customs then check his bags once more.

Everything is very straight forward, simple.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What about in Philippines? are there are any other procedures/steps we are missing: we finished medical, us embassy interview, received visa, and received cfo sticker. is there anything else?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have CFO certificate as well I presume.

There is a departure tax (550 pp or something like that).

I think you are covered.

When my wife came here (Manila > Shanghia > New York), I gave her $300 in travelng cash as well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would send her to a dentist there and make sure all her teeth are good, If filling or crowns (jackets) are needed, so so much cheaper in Philippines even if you have US insurance......

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

What about in Philippines? are there are any other procedures/steps we are missing: we finished medical, us embassy interview, received visa, and received cfo sticker. is there anything else?

There is an exit tax of P1620 to be paid if it were not included in your airfare, and of course the terminal fee of P550

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.