Melisandre

Montreal Consulate says "Your file is under review"

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys! I'm back with questions again in panic mode. Again..

I had sent an email to Montreal Consulate through their public query 2 days ago asking if they got my case and when would they send me the checklist for packet 3 as I was told my NVC that they had forwarded it.

Meanwhile I worked on DS-160 and submitted it Thursday. And I worked on packet 3 materials and was planning on submitting it this weekend as everyone suggested there's no need to wait for them to send me a checklist as its already available online.

This morning I got a reply from consulate about my query. It says "Your file is under review and we are doing our best to process it as fast as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding."... Should I be worried? Is it normal for cases to be under review after it's sent from NVC? I'm freaking out inside just a little bit... At this point should I wait to hear from them or go ahead and submit packet 3.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Hi guys! I'm back with questions again in panic mode. Again..

I had sent an email to Montreal Consulate through their public query 2 days ago asking if they got my case and when would they send me the checklist for packet 3 as I was told my NVC that they had forwarded it.

Meanwhile I worked on DS-160 and submitted it Thursday. And I worked on packet 3 materials and was planning on submitting it this weekend as everyone suggested there's no need to wait for them to send me a checklist as its already available online.

This morning I got a reply from consulate about my query. It says "Your file is under review and we are doing our best to process it as fast as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding."... Should I be worried? Is it normal for cases to be under review after it's sent from NVC? I'm freaking out inside just a little bit... At this point should I wait to hear from them or go ahead and submit packet 3.

wait for them to review it and send you packet 4 its normal.

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's a generic message! I literally got that exact same message after I sent in documents for AP. Was it from OP 19?

Since they have the file you can send them Packet 3.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

So I should hold on to Packet 3 and not send it till I hear back from them?

Send them packet 3 asap

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Timeline

That's a generic message! I literally got that exact same message after I sent in documents for AP. Was it from OP 19?

Since they have the file you can send them Packet 3.

Send them packet 3 asap

Omg yes! It is from OP 19! :\

Okay I'll just send them packet 3 and request for packet 4 to be emailed. Thanks guys!

One more silly question (as if I ever run out of them).. checking the status of case.. You're supposed to do it with through this > https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx am I right? Mine says "No Status".. not "Ready" or "In Progress" :\

Timeline

One more silly question (as if I ever run out of them).. checking the status of case.. You're supposed to do it with through this > https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx am I right? Mine says "No Status".. not "Ready" or "In Progress" :\

Here's information about all the statuses: http://blogs.usembassy.gov/malaysia/check-the-status-of-your-visa-online-ceac-status-check/

K-1s are processed as NIVs though it will initially say it is an IV (you even check your case under IV applicant, so weird!). Don't fret, check back on Monday afternoon.

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Timeline

Here's information about all the statuses: http://blogs.usembassy.gov/malaysia/check-the-status-of-your-visa-online-ceac-status-check/

K-1s are processed as NIVs though it will initially say it is an IV (you even check your case under IV applicant, so weird!). Don't fret, check back on Monday afternoon.

OHHH I was checking it under NIV! After your mentioned I checked under IV and it says "Ready"! Dear lord..it's like they're trying to confuse people on purpose -__-

Thank you so much! I can breathe again!

Timeline

OHHH I was checking it under NIV! After your mentioned I checked under IV and it says "Ready"! Dear lord..it's like they're trying to confuse people on purpose -__-

Thank you so much! I can breathe again!

Welcome :content:

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Timeline

Welcome :content:

Oh oh..for the checklist... For the items that I don't need or don't have or doesn't apply to me..do I leave it blank or should I write N/A? Like where it says Adoption Decree, Court orders, military records etc.

Sorry for being such a pain..

Timeline

Oh oh..for the checklist... For the items that I don't need or don't have or doesn't apply to me..do I leave it blank or should I write N/A? Like where it says Adoption Decree, Court orders, military records etc.

Sorry for being such a pain..

I wrote n/a for everything that didn't apply.

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Timeline

Hi VJ'ers

Silly question, I'm in same boat however I've had no response to inquiries....they have ds160 and full packet 3. Should I be concerned it's been over 2 weeks, most ppl get p4 soon after p3???? It says "ready" on CEAC website and says I can book interview should I just ignore like my other VJ friend suggests? I will need meds after this is all done

Thanks guys for any insight

Timeline

Hi VJ'ers

Silly question, I'm in same boat however I've had no response to inquiries....they have ds160 and full packet 3. Should I be concerned it's been over 2 weeks, most ppl get p4 soon after p3???? It says "ready" on CEAC website and says I can book interview should I just ignore like my other VJ friend suggests? I will need meds after this is all done

Thanks guys for any insight

Actually another member here waited 15 days between Packet 3 and Packet 4, they got Packet 4 just last week. Montreal can be unpredictable like that, keep bugging them with inquiries until they send you Packet 4, don't schedule the interview until you receive it.

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.