MAXX1

Packet 3 Cambodia

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello all, Can someone tell me how the US Embassy packet 3 is mailed in Cambodia and what it looks like? Did you recieve an email from the embassy before the packet is sent? I am in Sihanoukville. Thanks for the help!!

Timeline

Print it out from here , I do not believe they mail you anything.

Hello and thank you for the responce. As I read this form it seems to me that a letter is mailed from the US Embassy and that I need to complete some documents and send it back to the embassy. Maybe I am wrong. Thank you again.

Timeline

Hello and thank you for the responce. As I read this form it seems to me that a letter is mailed from the US Embassy and that I need to complete some documents and send it back to the embassy. Maybe I am wrong. Thank you again.

File that form follow the instruction and mail to the embassy address by post, NO WALK IN!

Anything is Possible with God

Timeline

File that form follow the instruction and mail to the embassy address by post, NO WALK IN!

Thanks for the responce. Are you saying that the US Embassy in PP does not send out "Packet # 3" and does not notify me that they have recieved the K-1 petition? I am still confused. Do you know why you have the long delay for your interview? Hope all is well.

Timeline

Thanks for the responce. Are you saying that the US Embassy in PP does not send out "Packet # 3" and does not notify me that they have recieved the K-1 petition? I am still confused. Do you know why you have the long delay for your interview? Hope all is well.

When US embassy in PP mail us the letter and say they receive our case then they'll tell us to file out the form DS-160 so we'll need to download the form like BigBong tell you, Read and file it out with the instruction and mail to Embassy address.

Shortly after i sent the package 3 i can get interview date and wait for the interview.

hope this help. thanks.

Timeline

When US embassy in PP mail us the letter and say they receive our case then they'll tell us to file out the form DS-160 so we'll need to download the form like BigBong tell you, Read and file it out with the instruction and mail to Embassy address.

Shortly after i sent the package 3 i can get interview date and wait for the interview.

hope this help. thanks.

Let me see if I have this procedure correct. PP embassy mails you a letter saying that they have your file. Is this an email or a physical piece of paper mail? This would be the first contact with PP embassy. Then you do the on line DS-160 and print out Big Bong form (DS169) and mail that to PP embassy. Then you are mailed packet 3 so you have the document needed for medical check. Is this correct? Your input does help me to understand what to expect next. Thank you and waiting to hear that you have your visa.

Timeline

I haven't even started the K1 Visa process yet, but I did email them a week ago with the following question:

How does the Cambodian embassy send out the paperwork (for example, the Packet 3) to the VISA applicants residing in Cambodia? My fiance lives on the outskirts ofSiem Reap, but the Cambodia Post Office does not seem to deliver mail to individuals there. I can put her work address on the form instead, (a small shop in Siem Reap), but she says they don't receive mail there either. Therefore, I don't have any idea how to fill out the mailing address fields on the I-192 (petition) paperwork for my fiance. How does the Cambodian embassy handle this sort of situation?

Their response:

For K Fiancé visa whose’ s beneficiary address is not completed or outside the city, we will send the Packet 3 to the Petitioner or the legal representative for their information.

Judging from their response, I would guess they would mail the packet to the Petitioner's address you listed in the original submitted 192F paperwork. You can probably contact them via email to find out what they did for your case.

Kevin

Edited by K+P

Timeline

I haven't even started the K1 Visa process yet, but I did email them a week ago with the following question:

How does the Cambodian embassy send out the paperwork (for example, the Packet 3) to the VISA applicants residing in Cambodia? My fiance lives on the outskirts ofSiem Reap, but the Cambodia Post Office does not seem to deliver mail to individuals there. I can put her work address on the form instead, (a small shop in Siem Reap), but she says they don't receive mail there either. Therefore, I don't have any idea how to fill out the mailing address fields on the I-192 (petition) paperwork for my fiance. How does the Cambodian embassy handle this sort of situation?

Their response:

For K Fiancé visa whose’ s beneficiary address is not completed or outside the city, we will send the Packet 3 to the Petitioner or the legal representative for their information.

Judging from their response, I would guess they would mail the packet to the Petitioner's address you listed in the original submitted 192F paperwork. You can probably contact them via email to find out what they did for your case.

Kevin

Thanks for the responce. For our mailing address we are using one of the travel agents address. They do recieve mail at the one we are using in Sville. Good luck with your journey.

Timeline

You can call the NVC at 603-334-0700 or call Dept. of State at 202-663-1225 and ask them about the status of your 129.

To do this you need your 129 receipt number (ex. TSC1234567890).

If they have processed it they will give you another receipt number that starts with PHP (ex PHP1234567890).

Then you can use this number to email the phnom penh embassy to inquire if they have received your application yet.

You can also use this number to complete the DS160 online . Don't forget to print out copies of the confirmation page when you finish.

Edited by BigBong

Timeline

You can call the NVC at 603-334-0700 or call Dept. of State at 202-663-1225 and ask them about the status of your 129.

To do this you need your 129 receipt number (ex. TSC1234567890).

If they have processed it they will give you another receipt number that starts with PHP (ex PHP1234567890).

Then you can use this number to email the phnom penh embassy to inquire if they have received your application yet.

You can also use this number to complete the DS160 online . Don't forget to print out copies of the confirmation page when you finish.

Hello and thanks for the info. I will attempt to get the case number. Have a good day!

Timeline

Let me see if I have this procedure correct. PP embassy mails you a letter saying that they have your file. Is this an email or a physical piece of paper mail? This would be the first contact with PP embassy. Then you do the on line DS-160 and print out Big Bong form (DS169) and mail that to PP embassy. Then you are mailed packet 3 so you have the document needed for medical check. Is this correct? Your input does help me to understand what to expect next. Thank you and waiting to hear that you have your visa.

Let me ask you your petition is approved yet from both (USCIS & NVC)?

if you actually got approved from them then the next step is you'll get the letter mail send by PP US embassy to you or your fiancee and say that they receive your case and have code number case (EX: PHP1234567890, this number start from PHP mean your case is arrive from State to PP US Embassy).

and so i believe in that letter they tell you to file the form DS-160, And yes correct you'll print it out the form like BigBong tell you and so in there there have 3 form you need to prepare is:

1/ DS-160 conformation page

2/ I-134 paper form( your fiancee will file that form with his signature)

3/ Optional form 169 for K1 (mark with the document need you are already have and for medical exam you can wait till close to the interview day that you'll know)

Mail that 3 forms by post to embassy address.

Or more clear can call embassy or mail to them they will introduce you what you will follow.

Embassy Tel: (855-23) 728-000

Email: ivphnompenh@state.gov.

hope this is a big help.

And thank you we'll get the very great feeling of will getting visa soon we wish.

Timeline

Let me ask you your petition is approved yet from both (USCIS & NVC)?

if you actually got approved from them then the next step is you'll get the letter mail send by PP US embassy to you or your fiancee and say that they receive your case and have code number case (EX: PHP1234567890, this number start from PHP mean your case is arrive from State to PP US Embassy).

and so i believe in that letter they tell you to file the form DS-160, And yes correct you'll print it out the form like BigBong tell you and so in there there have 3 form you need to prepare is:

1/ DS-160 conformation page

2/ I-134 paper form( your fiancee will file that form with his signature)

3/ Optional form 169 for K1 (mark with the document need you are already have and for medical exam you can wait till close to the interview day that you'll know)

Mail that 3 forms by post to embassy address.

Or more clear can call embassy or mail to them they will introduce you what you will follow.

Embassy Tel: (855-23) 728-000

Email: ivphnompenh@state.gov.

hope this is a big help.

And thank you we'll get the very great feeling of will getting visa soon we wish.

Hi and thanks for the info. Petition approval date was Sept 18, 2014. Probably still early to hear from PP embassy. I was checking at the www.ustraveldocs.com to see how payment is made to Alceda Bank and after making an account there does not seem to be an option to chose for K-1 visa. After logging in you can find the fee amount for K-1 but no way to chose that visa type. Maybe I am too dumb!! Let us know how the interview goes. Again thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.