Houston 1

General comment about inline.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I understand that there is no specific time for getting inline for interview however; it seems like most of people get inline between 1-30 days after your bio based on this website.

My question: Is getting inline for interview a matter of specific office having lots of applicants or simply is your luck?

My field office is Houston, TX.

I think it is just luck!

My friend and I applied for our citizenship together (sent the forms the same day/time) and we even did fingerprinting appt together (a walk-in). My friend was getting every piece of paperwork a day earlier - fingerprinting appt, yellow letter. However she didn't get the inline notice, but I got it on Monday (several days after our walk-in - see my signature).

There is only one difference in our cases: she didn't sign up for the updates, but I did. I don't think it plays a role, but it might.

Adjustment of Status

Dec 3, 2008 - Aug 20, 2009 (approval on August 7th)

Removing of Conditions

May 9, 2011 - October 4, 2011 (approval on September 28th)

Naturalization

July 19, 2014 - N400 packet sent out

July 21, 2014 - N400 packet delivered

July 23, 2014 - received email/text that I-797 is issued

July 26, 2014 - received I-797 in mail

August 11, 2014 - received the Biometrics notification

August 14, 2014 - biometrics walk-in (original date August 20)

August 18, 2014 - in line for interview scheduling

September 9, 2014 - yellow letter is received (letter is issued September 3)

November 3, 2014 - interview notice is issued (email/text alert)

November 10, 2014 - interview notice received with the interview date of December 11, 2014.

November 10, 2014 - request to reschedule mailed out

December 5, 2014 - interview notice is sent out (email/text alert)

December 11, 2014 - received an interview letter in mail

January 10, 2015 - interview on Saturday at 7am

January 26, 2015 - sent the requested documentation

February 26, 2015 - oath letter is issued (email/text alert)

March 2, 2015 - oath letter is received

March 18, 2015 - oath at 8am

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I understand that there is no specific time for getting inline for interview however; it seems like most of people get inline between 1-30 days after your bio based on this website.

My question: Is getting inline for interview a matter of specific office having lots of applicants or simply is your luck?

My field office is Houston, TX.

I believe it depends on a number of things, and the amount of applicants from office to office (and state from state) is definitely relevant. Other variants can be time of the year (things slow down during the summer), and if you applied before your GC anniversary (they might make you wait).

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

And they don't say this officially but background checks on individuals from certain countries of interest tend to take longer than others. And the background check needs to be completed before one is placed inline.

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Filed: Timeline

I think it depends on few things but luck plays a bigger role than anything. Some people get inline 2 days after their FP but have to wait long time to get scheduled. Some say to look at DO processing time but I totally disagree with that. This timeline is just a guideline.

My DO was Dallas and when I applied in March the processing time was 6.2 months. I got the whole thing done in 3.5 months from start to finish. I had to wait almost 6 weeks after the FP to get inline but once I got inline I got scheduled exactly 2 weeks after that. My wife and I actually applied at the same time. We were really lucky that all our appointments came at the same date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.