Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all, thank you in advance for reading and helping.

My wife has her green card now, and she is renewing her Philippine passport at the consulate in Chicago, my question is is that the only passport she will need when we go on vacation to the Philippines this upcoming January? I have read somewhere she cannot get a U.S. passport and just to use her permanent residence card to reenter the U.S.

Any info is appreciated, would like to go on vacation with no surprises, thank you again.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, your wife will only need her Philippine passport and her greencard during your travel.Make sure you bring a copy of marriage license with you because you have to show at the airport in manila when you get back to the US for travel tax discount.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.