3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi VJers

Throughout my K1/AOS journey, I have read about missing medical files and having to re-do them once in USA.
I thought I was on the home stretch with our medicals intact... I was wrong!! :protest:

We had our interview on Thur 18th Sept in Tukwila, Seattle. Everything went well. The lady who was interviewing us was very nice and she was expecting a child of her own. Easy few questions. My 3 children got asked their date of births and if they are enjoying school. After a 25min interview which felt like 5mins, she told us that she can approve us and in a few days we will be receiving a welcoming permanent resident letter. I was so relieved and overjoyed.

Today at 3pm, we got a phone call from the same lady saying there was a problem. The medical files for myself and my 3 children had gone missing. She told us that she was looking for them but it can take quite a few months to locate, if at all. She advised us that it might be easier to complete another medical here on USA soil. The vaccinations were not the problem. She had all the vaccinations papers in front of her but the medical package handed over at LAX at POE wasn't available. She has told us that she will send a RFE to us in regards to the medicals. She was very understanding and knew that medicals go missing all the time usually because of airport staff, in our case, LAX.

It cost $AUD1500 for our last medicals, I really do not want to have them re-taken. This process has been so costly.. I have emailed the clinic that we had our medicals done with hoping that I can get a copy. If that doesn't work, then I think I will try the congressman before giving in and re-doing them all.

I have done loads of google searches looking for an easy way to overcome this and have tried everything I have come across so far. Anyone else had good luck in finding their lost medical files?

Edited by Ozgirl1981
Spoiler

GC Expiry - 10/27/16

ROC:
09/13/16 - Sent I-751 package to CSC
09/16/16 - USCIS received package
09/20/16 - $845 check cashed - (myself and 3 children)

09/22/16 - NOA1 hard copy. Dated 09/16/16
09/26/16- Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in I-751 (x 3) - Dated 09/16/16

10/13/16 - Biometrics Appointment

09/25/17 - Infopass - I-551 stamp. Expiry 6/25/18

02/15/18 - Case Inquiry - Out of processing time (09/22/18) Reply due 3/10/18.

02/25/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to CSC  (letter)

04/10/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to POTOMAC  (letter)

04/11/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing"

04/19/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - POTOMAC to NBC.  (letter)

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

05/08/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing'

06/01/18 - Case Approved with N-400 Approval. 

CITIZENSHIP

08/23/17 - N-400 sent (USPS Lost package, In Transit - Delayed status)
09/11/17 - N-400 sent again via FedEX.

09/14/17 - N-400 NOA1

09/25/17 - Email Acceptance - Routed to NBC.

10/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics - Seattle.

10/18/17 - In line for Interview

05/02/18 - Interview Scheduled.

06/01/18 - Interview - APPROVED

07/04/18 - July 4th Oath Ceremony.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can you email the location in Australia where it was done to have them re-send to USCIS. Unfortunately, losing medicals does happen all too often. They insist that you turn the envelope in at POE because they don't trust you to deliver it to USCIS, and then they are the ones who fail at that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Can you email the location in Australia where it was done to have them re-send to USCIS. Unfortunately, losing medicals does happen all too often. They insist that you turn the envelope in at POE because they don't trust you to deliver it to USCIS, and then they are the ones who fail at that.

Yes, I'm waiting on the Australian Visa Dr to contact me back. They wont send them to me (no biggy) but will send them to USCIS. However, I had our medicals done on Oct 22nd 2013 so they may have exired by now.. We are just going to bite the bullet and get new ones. We have come too far now to let lost medicals get in the way.

We received the I-72 (RFE) form that the IO sent out to us and we have until Dec 20th to return it. The medical for myself and my 3 children are scheduled for 7 October. The IO made it clear that she has the Vaccination records and we just need the main medical checks and she will go ahead and get card production going.

Yeah, too many case are being reported for lost/misplaced paperwork/medicals etc. The stack of 4 packets that I handed over at POE@LAX was 5 inches thick. Dont know how they could lose them. LOL.

My major upset is with all of this, why do they schedule interviews without all the information needed for the decision. They should send an RFE with the interview letter and make sure that those with lost/missing papers have them with them on the day. I'll never understand the government *facepalm*

Spoiler

GC Expiry - 10/27/16

ROC:
09/13/16 - Sent I-751 package to CSC
09/16/16 - USCIS received package
09/20/16 - $845 check cashed - (myself and 3 children)

09/22/16 - NOA1 hard copy. Dated 09/16/16
09/26/16- Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in I-751 (x 3) - Dated 09/16/16

10/13/16 - Biometrics Appointment

09/25/17 - Infopass - I-551 stamp. Expiry 6/25/18

02/15/18 - Case Inquiry - Out of processing time (09/22/18) Reply due 3/10/18.

02/25/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to CSC  (letter)

04/10/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to POTOMAC  (letter)

04/11/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing"

04/19/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - POTOMAC to NBC.  (letter)

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

05/08/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing'

06/01/18 - Case Approved with N-400 Approval. 

CITIZENSHIP

08/23/17 - N-400 sent (USPS Lost package, In Transit - Delayed status)
09/11/17 - N-400 sent again via FedEX.

09/14/17 - N-400 NOA1

09/25/17 - Email Acceptance - Routed to NBC.

10/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics - Seattle.

10/18/17 - In line for Interview

05/02/18 - Interview Scheduled.

06/01/18 - Interview - APPROVED

07/04/18 - July 4th Oath Ceremony.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.