BradLuvsMaria

British Airlines is ON STRIKE!!!!

18 posts in this topic

News to me!!!! I bought my tickets for Maria through Expedia.com and the itinerary was as follows:

All flights for Tuesday JAN 30th , 2007

Ekaterinburg= British Airlines to London 1st class

London to Chicago=British Airlines 1st Class

Chicago to Minneapolis= United Airlines= 1st class

Problem: British Airlines has announced a STRIKE!!!!! EXPEDIA.COM did not notify me of any issues or potential problems!!!!

Resolution: My Maria had checked British Airlines Web Site just because, and BA announced the strike but many other reports existed prior to the dated release a week prior.

My Maria called BA and they will reschedule her flight from 1-30-2007 to 1-28-2007

It seems that Crew members of BA will Strike on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays!!! #######????

Well bad news turned good is that Maria will be here Sunday night 1-28-07 instead of 1-30-07 - NO I DON"T MIND!!!!

I will still have to work Monday and Tuesday but my 2 week vacation will start after that:))) I told her that she will probably sleep all day Monday and Tuesday just grabbing her bearings:))))) After that I will show her an amazing time in the City:))) Of course a much more amazing time will be spent from the time she arrives:)))))))

Later all and thanks for all the support:))))

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I am sure that with all the money you are throwing around, buying 1st class tickets on some other carrier will not be a problem. Hell, for that matter, maybe you could just charter a small private jet instead?

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline
News to me!!!! I bought my tickets for Maria through Expedia.com and the itinerary was as follows:

I hate to break some bad news to you but British Airways do not fly from Ekaterinburg to London the flight is operated by B Med and their fleet comprises of Airbus aircraft that are not configured with a first class cabin and it gets worse BA do not code share with UA they are in different alliances - I would seriously write a letter of complaint to Expedia for selling you tickets that do not exist letting them know you have an army of congressmen backing you up :thumbs:

Edited by DelcoCouple
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gifDei beannacht agus sláinte go thú agus tú uile anseo!3dflagsdotcom_irela_2faws.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I would seriously write a letter of complaint to Expedia for selling you tickets that do not exist letting them know you have an army of congressmen backing you up :thumbs:
An army of lawyers will probably be more useful here. But anyway, if I had an army of congressmen on my side, I'd ask for Air Force One one to make a pickup, yes with the President on board :P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Well, I am sure that with all the money you are throwing around, buying 1st class tickets on some other carrier will not be a problem. Hell, for that matter, maybe you could just charter a small private jet instead?

Cheers!

AKDiver

Private jets are a bit pricier crossing the Atlantic (only a few have enough range, like a Gulf V). Looking at about $50,000 minimum, each way. First Class is a relative bargain at ~$10,000 full fare. Biz class can be had for as little as $1,500 R/T from Europe to the states.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline
Private jets are a bit pricier crossing the Atlantic (only a few have enough range, like a Gulf V). Looking at about $50,000 minimum, each way. First Class is a relative bargain at ~$10,000 full fare. Biz class can be had for as little as $1,500 R/T from Europe to the states.
But hey, it's only money, right? Besides, what better way to prove your love than by spending way more than is really necessary on airfare? Well, I guess you could buy her a Saab and some Armani suits I suppose.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

I'm going to officially start the S.O.S., or Save Our Slim fund.

For all of you out there with enough money for the things mentioned above.... you can make tax-deductible donations to me (and my immigrant bride) through my PayPal account. PM me, and I'll send you the info.

Remember, your donations keep posts like this rolling!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I hate to break some bad news to you but British Airways do not fly from Ekaterinburg to London the flight is operated by B Med and their fleet comprises of Airbus aircraft that are not configured with a first class cabin and it gets worse BA do not code share with UA they are in different alliances - I would seriously write a letter of complaint to Expedia for selling you tickets that do not exist letting them know you have an army of congressmen backing you up :thumbs:

YOU ARE A MORON!!!! Get a Life!!!!! This is information is accessible by anyone from:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_us

or

http://www.expedia.com

I have changed her flight from Jan 30, 2007 to Jan 28, 2007 Beacause of BA Strike. British Airlines made the change free of charge. The United part of the flight was changed to Northwest but it did not cost much. Don't know why I get blasted for flying my Fiance Business and 1st Class?

Knowing a Senator? Did you read the post of what the posting person was saying? I wasn't the the post saying I wear Armani!!!! or that my girl knows 7 fricken languages!!! I work for a living and happened to work with a Mayor that is now elected a Senator!!! Yes we know each other but I never bragged to say I'de get him to make gay marriage legal so you can live with your Man!!!!!

For ignorant people who cant look up simple flight info:::::

flight Sun 28-Jan-07

Ekaterinburg (SVX)

Depart 11:05 am to London (LHR)

Arrive 12:00 pm

Terminal 4

2,409 mi

(3,877 km)

Duration: 5hr 55mn

BA British Airways

Flight: 6642

Operated by: BMED

2Business Class, Meal, 20

Please check in with BMED. If checking in at a kiosk, use your name rather than confirmation number.

London (LHR)

Depart 3:30 pm

Terminal 4 to Chicago (ORD)

Arrive 6:10 pm

Terminal 5

3,950 mi

(6,357 km)

Duration: 8hr 40mn

BA British Airways

Flight: 299

1First Class, Meal, Boeing 777

Chicago (ORD)

Depart 8:01 pm

Terminal 2 to Minneapolis (MSP)

Arrive 9:32 pm

Terminal L

344 mi

(554 km)

Duration: 1hr 31mn

NW Northwest

Flight: 145

1First Class, DC9-30, 20% on time

Total distance: 6,703 mi (10,787 km)

Total duration: 16hr 6mn (21hr 27mn with connections)

I SUGGEST YOU TAKE A LOCAL COMMUNITY COMPUTER INTERNET TRAINING COURSE. iT CAN ENRICH YOUR INTERNET EXPERIENCE! yA DUMB fUc$$$$

YOU ARE A MORON!!!! Get a Life!!!!! This is information is accessible by anyone from:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_us

or

http://www.expedia.com

I have changed her flight from Jan 30, 2007 to Jan 28, 2007 Beacause of BA Strike. British Airlines made the change free of charge. The United part of the flight was changed to Northwest but it did not cost much. Don't know why I get blasted for flying my Fiance Business and 1st Class?

Knowing a Senator? Did you read the post of what the posting person was saying? I wasn't the the post saying I wear Armani!!!! or that my girl knows 7 fricken languages!!! I work for a living and happened to work with a Mayor that is now elected a Senator!!! Yes we know each other but I never bragged to say I'de get him to make gay marriage legal so you can live with your Man!!!!!

For ignorant people who cant look up simple flight info:::::

flight Sun 28-Jan-07

Ekaterinburg (SVX)

Depart 11:05 am to London (LHR)

Arrive 12:00 pm

Terminal 4

2,409 mi

(3,877 km)

Duration: 5hr 55mn

BA British Airways

Flight: 6642

Operated by: BMED

2Business Class, Meal, 20

Please check in with BMED. If checking in at a kiosk, use your name rather than confirmation number.

London (LHR)

Depart 3:30 pm

Terminal 4 to Chicago (ORD)

Arrive 6:10 pm

Terminal 5

3,950 mi

(6,357 km)

Duration: 8hr 40mn

BA British Airways

Flight: 299

1First Class, Meal, Boeing 777

Chicago (ORD)

Depart 8:01 pm

Terminal 2 to Minneapolis (MSP)

Arrive 9:32 pm

Terminal L

344 mi

(554 km)

Duration: 1hr 31mn

NW Northwest

Flight: 145

1First Class, DC9-30, 20% on time

Total distance: 6,703 mi (10,787 km)

Total duration: 16hr 6mn (21hr 27mn with connections)

I SUGGEST YOU TAKE A LOCAL COMMUNITY COMPUTER INTERNET TRAINING COURSE. iT CAN ENRICH YOUR INTERNET EXPERIENCE! yA DUMB fUc$$$$

OK! I read my original post. I see that I should not have stated that I bought her any other tickets than Economy. Tell me why this sounds wrong? I didn't diss anyone. Instead I got blasted and confused with our other Russian poster who wears Armani and his girl that the Armani guy needs to be with in Paris. You need to read more carefully! Blast me for spending some money on my Fiance to travel comfortably???? I wont even address the Moron that states British Airlines does not fly to Chicago from Ekaterinburg via London and starting in Ekaterinburg!

I have beat up VJ posters too! Especially the Armani guy!!! My girl will be her Sunday night and I guess I can just use VJ as a guide and stop the posts. I hope you all have a great life!!!

Slim. don't let the others pull you into a child's game of name calling and ignorant accusations. Some people should really read before they post!!! I know I've been guilty of that myself.

Good night all:))) You might be pissed at me but my girl will be her Sunday night!!!!! So who gives a Fu$%!!!

God Bless all of you :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

I'm going to officially start the S.O.S., or Save Our Slim fund.

For all of you out there with enough money for the things mentioned above.... you can make tax-deductible donations to me (and my immigrant bride) through my PayPal account. PM me, and I'll send you the info.

Remember, your donations keep posts like this rolling!

Yo Slim, SOS Fund sounds great, but how about an a nice dinner and night out at your City and we will pay. Maria and I can travel and just like others, we are normal, hard working people. No, we are not rich! What is Rich? But we have enough to give to the SOS or SLIM fund. Plus as an affluent Irish American, I can Party!!! Up to you two. Ha ha :))) let us know dude:))))

Just receive Via Email:

Dear Expedia Traveler,

We are contacting you because our records indicate you have travel plans that could be affected by a

potential strike at British Airways.

Due to a pending strike possibility on January 30 and January 31, British Airways has announced

that they will be canceling many flights starting January 30 through February 4 as a result of

this action. Please call us as soon as possible so we can verify whether or not your flights have

been affected by a cancellation and so we may discuss your options.

British Airways has advised us that the following options will be available to customers affected

by this potential strike:

Customers whose flights have been cancelled may opt to cancel their travel plans altogether and

request a full refund. Your Expedia representative will process the refund request on your behalf

with the airline.

Customers whose flights have been cancelled but would like to re-schedule for new travel dates may rebook

on a British Airways operated flight subject to availability as outlined below:

- Customer must travel from the original point of departure to the original destination.

- The change in booking must take place no later than two weeks after the original scheduled flight.

- Travel must be completed within ticket validity or within three months from the original flight,

whichever is longer.

- The return flight, if applicable, can be rebooked at the same time, and no extra fare is payable.

- Change fees and any additional fees or additional collections are waived.

- Changes outside of the above parameters are subject to the original fare rules.

It is imperative that we receive your call as soon as possible as flight availability may be limited.

For assistance with your flight, you can contact Expedia.com Customer Support, available 24 hours a day,

7 days a week at 1 (800) EXPEDIA [1 (800) 397-3342] or 1 (404) 728-8787.

Expedia will continue to monitor this situation as it progresses so that we may provide the most

up-to-date assistance for your reservation.

Expedia.com Travel Team

Don't just travel. Travel Right.

DELCOCOUPLE: #######???? What could this Email mean??? Get a job ya Friken looser!!!

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

So let us think about this one.

You claim to be flying 1st class from Russia to London on BA then you post a link showing a flight not on BA but BMED as I stated and not in 1st but business Hmmmz

BMED is not on strike or affected by a strike in any way SOME of BA crew are.

In your original post you claimed you were flying united then post a link showing you are a flight on Northwest.

And it is me who is the Moran? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck with your next medical I am sure they will prescribe some appropriate meds :thumbs:

Edited by DelcoCouple
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gifDei beannacht agus sláinte go thú agus tú uile anseo!3dflagsdotcom_irela_2faws.gif

This is where the Russia forum turns into the Off-Topic forum, or maybe even the K-1 forum.

It's all good though, I've got my popcorn ready....

We haven't had a slug-fest like this since the Nick-N-Nat/FigsyBigsy brawl of '06.

As far as the free meal goes.... that's a silly question. You're going to ask a fat guy if he would like a free meal?

OF COURSE!!!!

And to anyone else passing through Cincinnati any time soon... you're also invited to take me and the wife out for a free dinner. Thanks in advance...

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
And to anyone else passing through Cincinnati any time soon... you're also invited to take me and the wife out for a free dinner. Thanks in advance...
Had I only known you were there!! I drove right by on my way back to Alaska last week. (:

Cheers!

AKDiver

Had I only known you were there!! I drove right by on my way back to Alaska last week. (:

Cheers!

AKDiver

If you look a couple of lines down from my avatar, it says: LOCATION

Shortly thereafter, it says: CINCINNATI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you live in Alaska. Of course, the AKDiver part kind of gave it away too, that and your willingness to sing praise of the superlative nature of our "best kept secret" every time a Texan jumps on here talking about steers and ......... I guess I'm going to have to change my screen name to CincinnatiSlim. Wasn't Steve McQueen the Cincinnati Kid? I don't want to steal his thunder.

Just poking fun. To all - I am in Cincinnati Ohio, and if you're passing through or in the area, or whatever, send me a PM and I'll buy you a beer.

AKDiver, Next time you buy a Jeep in Virginia, let me know, and maybe we can Jamboree somewhere in the Midwest. Are you going to any of those? Anyone else on here Jeep owners?

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.