MidAtlanticMerge

Confused about info on NVC process

5 posts in this topic

I was reading about the NVC process and either the information is conflicting, or I am understanding it wrong. Either way I need some help!

The 'step by step guide for how to fill for a IR-1/CR-1 visa' says this...

"A few weeks after you have received your last Notice of Action indicating the approval and forwarding of your I-130 application to the NVC, the NVC will send your relative a packet of forms that you and your relative must fill out before your relative can be given an interview date with a consulate abroad. The packet will likely contain an Of-169 form, and an Of-230 part one and two forms that must be filled out by the intending immigrant. An I-864 form is also included that must be filled out by the petitioner (living in the US). The I-864 is the Affidavit of Support form that requires copies of the petitioners past 3 U.S tax returns (or tax transcripts which are free from the IRS) as well as any bank or financial records available (see the I-864 for exact requirements based on your case)."

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

However the VJ Wiki page on the NVC process says this...

"-get case number and IIN, give email addresses over

-complete the online DS-261

-pay the AOS bill, once it's invoiced

-once the bill appears as PAID, send the AOS package

-pay the IV bill, once it's invoiced

-once the bill appears as PAID, send the IV package

-complete the online DS-260

-respond to any checklists, if applicable

-get case complete

-get interview date scheduled

-case is sent to embassy/consulate"

Each page is talking about different forms, so I am pretty confused! Thanks in advance

Read the entire Wiki (a few times, honestly), it will explain all of the forms needed to submit to the NVC. The I-864 is part of the AOS package that gets sent in, for example.

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Filed: Timeline

first AOS must be pd through online, NVC will mail you a letter containing that information the amount $ you going to pay.

And in the same time you will get another letter which is ds3032 as a Choice of agent this is going to be on your choice if you a petitioner or a beneficiary will have a choice who do you want to get all correspondence

The rest of it NVC will email what next, just follow the instructions until the case will be reviewed then you good to go all the way right now you are in the 2nd step..

Edited by Dairen30

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was reading about the NVC process and either the information is conflicting, or I am understanding it wrong. Either way I need some help!

The 'step by step guide for how to fill for a IR-1/CR-1 visa' says this...

"A few weeks after you have received your last Notice of Action indicating the approval and forwarding of your I-130 application to the NVC, the NVC will send your relative a packet of forms that you and your relative must fill out before your relative can be given an interview date with a consulate abroad. The packet will likely contain an Of-169 form, and an Of-230 part one and two forms that must be filled out by the intending immigrant. An I-864 form is also included that must be filled out by the petitioner (living in the US). The I-864 is the Affidavit of Support form that requires copies of the petitioners past 3 U.S tax returns (or tax transcripts which are free from the IRS) as well as any bank or financial records available (see the I-864 for exact requirements based on your case)."

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

However the VJ Wiki page on the NVC process says this...

"-get case number and IIN, give email addresses over

-complete the online DS-261

-pay the AOS bill, once it's invoiced

-once the bill appears as PAID, send the AOS package

-pay the IV bill, once it's invoiced

-once the bill appears as PAID, send the IV package

-complete the online DS-260

-respond to any checklists, if applicable

-get case complete

-get interview date scheduled

-case is sent to embassy/consulate"

Each page is talking about different forms, so I am pretty confused! Thanks in advance

Read the Wiki the guide is very outdated.

first AOS must be pd through online, NVC will mail you a letter containing that information the amount $ you going to pay.

And in the same time you will get another letter which is ds3032 as a Choice of agent this is going to be on your choice if you a petitioner or a beneficiary will have a choice who do you want to get all correspondence

No DS-3032 replaced by online form DS-261

No DS-230 replaced by online form DS-260

Everything else stay with the wiki.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.