cloudy

Waiting for Packet 4

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Could anyone tell me their timelines?

We are on IR/CR1 and got our documents approved 10/20/14. We have not received Packet 3 or anything else at this time. When can we expect to get our interview date or packages?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hiiii! You definitely want to get a hotel the night before, a hotel that comes with parking. Ask for a late checkout so you don't have to worry about rushing back from the consulate, if you get to the consulate first thing in the morning you'll be out of there with plenty of time to spare anyway. You definitely can't bring any friends or family but you can totally bring your fiance to the interview, I went with mine and I'm so glad I did (he got a 221G and it was nice to be there for him). We left our phones and car keys at the hotel (put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door so no one goes in), all be brought were our wallets, passports, and the big folder of evidence for the interview. You go through a security check where you have to empty your pockets and go through a metal detector and of course there were people who had phones, I could have sworn I saw officers take them to little cubicles with numbers and then they gave the people the corresponding numbered ticket. Make sure your fiance has his passport with him, he's the USC right? Everyone will ask for it!

I just noticed you got your visa!!! Big congratulations! Yeei. We're debating if my fiance should come..yes, he's the USC but my interview is on a tuesday and I have to be there on monday by 11 am to pick up the medical stuff they said that means he gotta be here by sunday! He only gets 2 weeks vacation and we have already used 1 week. We were hoping to use this other week during our wedding/honeymoon/moving.. I can't decide what to do.. how long was your interview? Did you have to wait a long time for your turn?.. The Medisys people won't mail my medical reports would they?.. I'm kinda nervous even for the medical.. I'm looking into reasonably affordable hotels near by..any recommendation? If my fiance can't make it I guess I'll just bring my dad with me and ask him to wait at a cafe or something..coz I would want someone to be there in case I faint from stress haha :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just noticed you got your visa!!! Big congratulations! Yeei. We're debating if my fiance should come..yes, he's the USC but my interview is on a tuesday and I have to be there on monday by 11 am to pick up the medical stuff they said that means he gotta be here by sunday! He only gets 2 weeks vacation and we have already used 1 week. We were hoping to use this other week during our wedding/honeymoon/moving.. I can't decide what to do.. how long was your interview? Did you have to wait a long time for your turn?.. The Medisys people won't mail my medical reports would they?.. I'm kinda nervous even for the medical.. I'm looking into reasonably affordable hotels near by..any recommendation? If my fiance can't make it I guess I'll just bring my dad with me and ask him to wait at a cafe or something..coz I would want someone to be there in case I faint from stress haha :unsure:

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply, I'm trying to get a million things done at work so I can take next week off for the wedding without worrying...

Your fiance doesn't have to go, he should only go if he's able to and has the time. I'd save the vacation time for moving and the wedding, he's not going to want to work at all during those times (I sure as hell didn't, I took time off for the moving and 4 days after the fact I still didn't want to go back to work!). My fiance's interview was 10 minutes for the interview itself, the first part took maybe 5 minutes? It's the waiting in between those times that takes the longest. We were second in line and we were out of there by like 9:30 (we got upstairs to the waiting area around 8:30), the waiting seemed like it took forever but it really didn't.

I'm not sure how Medisys works, my fiance had his medical in Toronto and they let you pick up your medical stuff like 7-10 days after the medical. My fiance's medical was too easy; he said they took his money, looked at his vaccines and his medical history, he was asked questions about smoking/drinking/drug use, he had a xray and some blood drawn, he was in and out in under an hour. As for hotels I stayed at a Hilton with Hilton points so I only paid for the taxes and parking (don't go there unless you want to spend ~$200 CAD total a night, plus $25/day for parking), I believe if you do some searching on VJ there are budget friendly hotel recommendations for hotels within walking distance of the consulate.

Edited by jfgk1987

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Look on Expedia, booking.com and trip advisor to compare prices. We stayed at the Embassy suites for $180/night, it included 2 happy hour drinks and breakfast. Parking was $26/day :(. Food was good tho! Only a 7 minute walk to the Embassy. Uphill tho! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is the longest and most annoying part of the K1 process in my opinion. I used to email them ahead of time anticipating they would take long. For example, about ten minutes after I sent my packet 3, I asked what was taking so long for packet 4. I ended up with about 3 emails back eventually over the month it takes to get one... hehe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.