Nkybaby

MAIL RECEIVED FROM NVC & USCIS..Bhah...bhah...

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay I just had to change my timeline again...It seems that you can receive on thing in the mail...and when you call to speak to a live person you get another things...

Okay my NOA2 was approved via email on 1/10/07 and I got in in the mail on 1/16/07...Then on 1/22/07 I got a letter from NVC dated 1/18/07 that they received the approval I-129F petition...and that in 1 week it would be forwarded to the embassy in London...

Okay...

So I called today the NVC gave them my case # and found out that NVC had actually mailed my file out on 1/12/07 and it arrived in London (US Embassy) on 1/17/07....

I mean everything is cool and seems to be running smoothly...so far...but it's funny how they can mail you letters when the information is not written in updated format...but if we send in any incorrect paperwork they are ready to give you a RFE or find some reason to reject you or investigate you...

Isn't life grand...!!!

But it's cool to think that London got the file the day I landed in London to visit...my honey...

Also isn't it funny...this time around the immigration officer at the airport...wanted to give me a hard time about me have frequent trips back and forth to UK...1st time I stayed 8 days...second time 4 days and this time 5 days...They wanted to know what kind of work I did that allows me time off and blah, blah, and why I like visiting family/friends so much...

I was felt like geez lady it's 7am in the morning....I just want to get some sleep...

But all in all it was cool...and the trip was awesome...

Edited by Nkybaby

OUR JOURNEY!!!

JUNE-2006 Introduced thru a family member via phone

AUG- 2006 Went to the UK to visit for 4 days, ENDED UP STAYING FOR 8 DAYS!!!

**TALK ON THE PHONE EVERYDAY...FEELINGS ARE STRONG

OCT- 2006 Went to UK for visit/4 days

**PROPOSED

11-27-06 I-129F mailed to Vermont

11-29-06 Receipt of NOA1 (received in mail on Dec 4)

12-08-06 Touched

MID-JAN-2007 Will be going soon to UK for visit/1 week

JAN-10-2007 EMAIL OF APPROVAL FOR NOA2 (Received email 8 times in a row!!!!!)

01-11-07 "TOUCHED"

JAN-23-07 BACK FROM UK-- ENJOYED THE 6 DAYS THERE...

JAN-18-07 RECEIVED LETTER FROM NVC (National Visa Center)

1 WEEK PETITION WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE VISA ISSUING POST (LONDON) WHERE INTERVIEW WILL TAKE PLACE....

JAN 24-07 JUST FOUND OUT OVER THE PHONE THAT NVC SENT PETITION TO LONDON ON 1/12/07 & US EMBASSY IN LONDON HAS HAD THE FILE SINCE JAN 17TH 2007

JAN-26-07 HONEY JUST CALLED ME...GOT PACKET 3.... WOW!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
Okay I just had to change my timeline again...It seems that you can receive on thing in the mail...and when you call to speak to a live person you get another things...

Okay my NOA2 was approved via email on 1/10/07 and I got in in the mail on 1/16/07...Then on 1/22/07 I got a letter from NVC dated 1/18/07 that they received the approval I-129F petition...and that in 1 week it would be forwarded to the embassy in London...

Okay...

So I called today the NVC gave them my case # and found out that NVC had actually mailed my file out on 1/12/07 and it arrived in London (US Embassy) on 1/17/07....

I mean everything is cool and seems to be running smoothly...so far...but it's funny how they can mail you letters when the information is not written in updated format...but if we send in any incorrect paperwork they are ready to give you a RFE or find some reason to reject you or investigate you...

Isn't life grand...!!!

But it's cool to think that London got the file the day I landed in London to visit...my honey...

Also isn't it funny...this time around the immigration officer at the airport...wanted to give me a hard time about me have frequent trips back and forth to UK...1st time I stayed 8 days...second time 4 days and this time 5 days...They wanted to know what kind of work I did that allows me time off and blah, blah, and why I like visiting family/friends so much...

I was felt like geez lady it's 7am in the morning....I just want to get some sleep...

But all in all it was cool...and the trip was awesome...

Weve been on the same day (our petition) but until now we didnt recieve any news from the NVC :crying:

Congratulations!

I also got a bit grilled the last time I arrived in the UK (last month) -- usually all the immigration officer asks is "what's the nature of your visit?" and "how long are you staying?" but this time when I said I was staying with my friend (I was careful not to use the other "f" word -- "fiance") I was asked "how did you meet this person?" and "how long have you known this person?" and "have you been here before?" -- I wasn't bothered answering these questions, but it wasn't something I was expecting after 11 hours on the plane sans sleep.

AOS:

02/29/2008 - Wedding Day!

03/29/2008 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago registered mail

04/04/2008 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04-10-2008 - Check cashed!

04-12-2008 - NOA1s arrive for AP & AOS

04-18-2008 - Biometrics appt letter arrives

04-29-2008 - Biometrics appointment!

04-30-2008 - AOS status shows up online

05-16-2008 - AP status shows up online - both AP & AOS are touched!

06-05-2008 - AP touched and email sent saying AP has been approved

06-12-2008 - AP arrives in the mail

07-10-2008 - Interview letter arrives - interview scheduled for 09/05/08

09-05-2008 - Interview in SF (don't bring your cellphone!) -- approved! Email sent saying card has been ordered!

09-13-2008 - Welcome to the United States letter arrives

09-15-2008 - Green card arrives in the mail! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.