Daisy.Chain

I-129F Scanned forms, Picture

6 posts in this topic

Good evening everyone! This is my first time posting. I am definitely thankful for this website and the people on it as my fiancee A and I begin our visa journey!

I am currently filling out the I-129 F form and I have a few questions:
1) Due to A's location, him sending original signed forms could be around $70 and a lot of hassle. We are willing to pay it if necessary, but instead would we be able to scan the forms that require his signature (in black ink!), have me print them and then send those in? I thought it might fall under "original forms available upon request". Has anyone successfully done this?

2) Has anyone taken and printed their own I-129F pictures before successfully? I used to take them of other people at Target and I know just how fast some of the other employees did it, though I never heard of a problem with one. Has anyone ever used epassportphoto.com?

Thank you!

Note: If there is a different place I need to ask this question, please just let me know.

Forms sent to USCIS must contain original (non-photocopied, non-scanned) signatures. Your packet will be rejected and returned to you if you send them a scanned signature.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Have you tried asking around for prices? Depending on weight, you could pay $1200 pesos. Ask around your city, La Nacional, DHL , the airport and small companies.

Thanks for the info! I will definitely send the original forms. The only effective mailing from the Dominican Republic on a timely/predictable basis has been sending it with an American in a suitcase or [expensive!] FedEx. I would prefer something we have already tested for mailing, but we will have to test he idea about other companies soon!

Thanks for the info! I will definitely send the original forms. The only effective mailing from the Dominican Republic on a timely/predictable basis has been sending it with an American in a suitcase or [expensive!] FedEx. I would prefer something we have already tested for mailing, but we will have to test he idea about other companies soon!

When i started my process i used fedex to send something to my fiance, vwry expensive.

But after that, i found a good service at inposdom, yes!!! ,at inposdom ( correo dominicano) they have a good service with track number and you can see where is your package all the time until is delivery at usa, the service is SMS ( spress mail service) is a good service my documents or package arrive in 8 labors days or less.

It is very safe, i used fedex only one time , all my mail or package i use sms inposdom.

Go to any inposdom office and ask for sms.

It is the same from usa my fiance sent me all by spress mail and my paages arrive on time and safe.

No many people know about sms of inposdom. But when i found and tried it, i use it all the time.

Very good service

For documents the price is 20 dollars.

Others package depend from waight.

Edited by Ilovemyman

We are going to have him sign in blue ink, mail them to me, and then I'll mail our package in together. I also just had my passport picture taken. I figure that it's worth it for peace of mind! Thanks for your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.