highlander08

Filing Fiance visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone, I hope everyone had a good Labor Day weekend. I am working on getting all my ducks in a row to file a Fiance visa in Kiev. She has a 11 year old daughter. She just got the letter of consent from ex notarized and copies of the passport pages. next is the immunizations updated for her and her daughter. I understand she needs a police certificate. Do we need one for her daughter also. And please let me know if there is anything else we need to do to prepare to be ready to send in the visa application. Yes I know, Read the guides, but with our government constantly changing things I just want to be certain..

Thank you everyone..

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Use nice words, ignore dirty words Share everything except bad ideas

Say your prayers, thank God for this family.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

You could *ask* for a police certificate for the daughter just in case, but I don't think you're going to need one. I seem to remember that there was an age cutoff, but I don't remember if it was 14 or 16 or 18.

If you're going to request one for your fiancee, it wouldn't hurt to request one at the same time for the daughter. It shows extra effort, and I think CIS enjoys that. "You went and got a police certificate for an 11-year old? Why?" "Because we wanted to have *everything* ready for your review."

Regards,

Bill

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Also keep in mind that things such as police certificates aren't needed until the embassy stage. If you're getting them now, chances are they're going to expire or be too close to expiring before her interview. They aren't needed until the interview or maybe Ukraine does the packet 4 where you send that stuff in then. We're in Russia so I'm not sure. Either way, its too soon to be getting police certificates. Be sure to wait so you don't have to do it twice or get stalled at the embassy!

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Also keep in mind that things such as police certificates aren't needed until the embassy stage. If you're getting them now, chances are they're going to expire or be too close to expiring before her interview. They aren't needed until the interview or maybe Ukraine does the packet 4 where you send that stuff in then. We're in Russia so I'm not sure. Either way, its too soon to be getting police certificates. Be sure to wait so you don't have to do it twice or get stalled at the embassy!

Ukraine you bring everything in, but they accept police certificates up to a year old, so it's certainly possible to get them now and bring them in. There's no need to get them now though since you can get them pretty fast in Ukraine.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.